Position: Material Manager
The primary responsibility of this role is to contribute to the Plant’s profitable performance by directing and coordinating all the activities related to the flow of material, encompassing the functions of scheduling, inventory control, traffic, receiving, stores, purchasing and warehousing finished product. In addition, this role assists in maximizing the plant’s profitability through meeting customer expectations, promoting continuous improvement and developing employees for future material-related assignments.
We are looking for a high-quality individual to fill this position at our Springfield, Missouri location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, manage and direct the Materials team in all Material functions including: production scheduling, inventory control, purchasing, stockroom, receiving, shipping, scrap salvage, and logistics.
- Strategically monitor business activity and forecast models for the evaluation of plant capacity against projected customer demand level.
- Evaluates, develops, and analyzes reporting information to proactively identify opportunities to continuously improve department and organization performance.
- Manage suppliers, materials, and inventory in a manner consistent with the requirements of a lean manufacturing environment.
- Conduct annual physical inventory.
- Drives continuous improvement in area of responsibility relative to business objectives.
- Prioritizes and organizes short term and long term goals and activities in accordance with business objectives.
- Proactively implement, promote and maintain a Zero Incident Safety Culture, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and rule enforcement.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Maintain high levels of satisfaction, productivity, and quality through effectively utilizing available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote desired behavior and results.
- Responsible for the professional development of team members. Accountable for providing coaching and leadership for materials and production scheduling team.
- Responsible for the production scheduling department including all internal support.
- Optimize total cost by manipulating the schedule to maintain finished goods inventory targets.
- Develop projects to increase efficiency, inventory accuracy and schedule actualization.
- Serve as a role model supporting the company’s mission, values and culture.
CES Group is a leader in innovative custom and engineered HVAC solutions for commercial, industrial, institutional and critical environments around the world through our leading brands: Eaton-Williams®, CLEANPAK®, Governair®, HUNTAIR®, Mammoth®, Temtrol®, Venmar CES™, Ventrol® and FANWALL TECHNOLOGY®. Learn more about CES Group at www.ces-group.com . CES Group, LLC is a subsidiary of Nortek, Inc., a global, diversified company whose many market-leading brands deliver broad capabilities and a wide array of innovative, technology-driven products and solutions for lifestyle improvement at home and at work. Learn more about Nortek at www.nortekinc.com .
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, or engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the integrated function of material management in a manufacturing environment that has embraced lean concepts, MRP manufacturing practices, and progressive supplier relationships.
- A minimum of 3 years of managerial experience.
- APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management preferred.
CES Group is an equal opportunity employer with competitive pay and benefits.
The CES Group, which designs and manufactures all Mammoth products, has a wide range of research and development facilities, in addition to...