Our client, a growing biotechnology company, is looking for a Materials Manager to join their team
Manage materials procurement, inventory and disbursement functions for all Manufacturing operations in a cGMP facility. Develop policies and procedures to ensure accurate and adequate inventory levels. Plan material requirements to meet production schedule requirements. Supervise all shipping, receiving and warehousing operations in support of Manufacturing, Process Development, Research and Laboratory operations.
• Maintain accurate and adequate inventory levels for all raw, WIP, and finished materials located on site and at outsourced locations.
• Develop material schedules in coordination with Procurement, Manufacturing, Engineering, Process Development and Research.
• Interface directly with material vendors to negotiate price and procurement agreements.
• Manage shipping/receiving operations and ensure compliance with legal, customs and documentation requirements.
• Responsible for the transportation and handling requirements of company owned materials.
• Design and implement, as necessary, automated and/or manual systems and processes to account and maintain material levels per all regulatory and management requirements.
• Write and/or modify SOP’s for material management processes and other cGMP critical documentation.
• Write specifications for new materials and revise old specifications as required.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining departmental budget.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Materials Management, Logistics, Supply Chain, Chemical Engineering, or associated field of study. APICS, Certified Purchasing Manager or Certified Professional Purchasing Manager preferred.
Five to ten years related experience in a cGMP regulated industry (e.g. biotech or pharma) strongly preferred. Full knowledge of purchasing methods, inventory and materials management and of aseptic fill/finish operations in commercial manufacturing/ pharmaceutical environment. Prior experience the implementation and/or use of an ERP system with attention to inventory and cost control.