This position is responsible for accurately creating and maintaining SAP Material Master data used throughout the supply chain, including but not limited to: Purchasing, Job Planning, Shipping/Receiving, Inventory, Custom Solutions, Estimating, Product Development, Finance, Sales and Marketing departments.
- Creates and maintains material master data in the system, following guidelines and procedures such as naming conventions, field definitions and requirements.
- Ensures integrity of material master data following established data control strategy.
- Identifies enhancements to streamline existing MMDG processes.
- Provides analysis and recommendations to eliminate recurring data issues.
- Reviews material master data on a regular basis to identify and correct inaccuracies.
- Proactively communicates issues with regard to data integrity, productivity, adherence to MMDG standards, and expectations to MMDG team including Sr. Inventory Control Manager.
- Assists and provides material master training to other departments in the company.
J. J. Keller is a Proud Recipient of Workplace Excellence and Wellness Awards. Equal Opportunity Employer.
- 2+ years of experience in material management, inventory or supply chain.
- Experience working with materials data a plus.
- Data entry/computer skills.
- Quality minded and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn and utilize a variety of software applications.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of supply chain material process flows.
- Ability to write standard operating procedures (SOP's) related to material master.
- Strong familiarity with Material Master.