Job Title: Material Planner
Direct Manager Title: Material Supply Manager
Manage the provision of direct materials in lockstep with the Master Production Schedule (MPS) while minimizing excess and obsolete materials.
- Action/Execute action messages
- Issue & confirm PO’s
- Phase In/Phase Outs
- Parts list changes – not sure if this is applicable
- PO maintenance
- Service management (Comps late, air freight requests)
- Inventory Projections
- Inventory Transfers
- Review/update safety stock, value order policies (system settings)
- AP/PO invoice issues
- Over/under PO receipt issues
- Tactical schedule management
- Inbound component & ingredient tracking/tracing
- Past due receipts
- Unload prioritization
- Ship outs (inv xfers RTV)
- Dock receiving issues
- Support planners with PO issue resolution
- Bulk/Tanker management
- Service management
- FG scheduling inquiries & support
- Vendor OTIF
- Direct Material stock turn rate
Knowledge / Abilities / Skills
Material Planners maintain a record of the outstanding purchase orders. They contact vendors through telephone calls, by email and in person. Vendors relay information regarding delays in shipments, which the Material Coordinator works to resolve. The Planner maintains contact with the shipping or transportation company to prevent delays in shipments.
The Planner also monitors shipments to ensure that purchase order information matches the shipment. This can include the quantity and quality of materials. The Material Planner resolves inconsistencies in the order and/or invoicing.
Functional / Technical Skills:
Knowledge of PO terms (FOB,Payment terms, etc). Understands logistics process for shipment and receipt of direct materials. Basic understanding of inventory policy including Safety Stock, Cycle Stock, Lead times, etc. Mathematic skills.
Ability to communicate with Planning, Manufacturing, WWP and Material Suppliers is necessary. Computer literacy. Ability to consider multiple options for expediting at lowest cost.
BS degree in Operations Management or equivalent experience.
Sarah Jessica Parker, Beyoncé, and Jennifer Lopez are just a few of the celebs to promote Coty. It is one of the world's leading makers...