The Material Planner has responsibility for ensuring accurate, cost effective, and timely forecasting and fulfillment of system demand while balancing availability service levels with inventory management costs. This individual is responsible for the efficient development of a balanced operational plan that takes into account demand and supply constraints for planned materials. The Material Planner coordinates with their respective regional planner peers to ensure a holistic management of assets across the company.
1. Responsible for forecast analysis and strategic demand planning to meet business unit, regional, and functional group goals and objectives on national level.
2. Analyze material movement at the company level.
3. Develop supply plans based on business rules, lead times, unconstrained forecasts, customer orders, safety stock requirements, bills of material, etc (as applicable).
4. Participate in process of validating and/or contributing to identification of key priorities.
5. Refine statistical forecast models and amend forecasting polices to continually improve process efficiency and/or forecast accuracy.
6. Implement business rules / practices for the planned acquisition of materials on a timely basis and in a manner that maximizes flexibility of that inventory.
7. Where possible, conduct like-item analyses (using previous order / forecast history).
8. Identify gaps and reconcile discrepancies between dollars and units by demand stream.
9. Review results from daily demand report and enter updates as needed.
10. Resolve exceptions to balance Supply and Demand; attempt to resolve supply and demand imbalances across PDCs; collaborate with relevant business leads in making decisions and tradeoffs that balance supply and demand, and that meet inventory targets and performance metrics; update supply plan with any changes required to execute the agreed supply plan.
11. Facilitate the coordination of resolution plans for out of stock items.
12. For back-order and re-order items, monitor and execute follow-up activities (eg. advise the fulfillment locations regarding timeliness of availability, additional supply chain costs and resulting ramifications on margin, etc).
13. Analyze and monitor demand planning performance KPIs across the supply chain which drives service improvement and inventory optimization.
14. Coordinate with product management, procurement, and engineering to determine whether or not end of life items should be re-ordered.
15. Collaborate with other planning team members, procurement, and relevant business leads to resolve both stock shortage and excess inventory situations.
16. Work closely with all functions (Marketing, Finance, Product, Network, Engineering, etc) to formulate, implement and execute forecast and continuous improvement strategies and incorporate product life cycle, promotion and event information into demand forecasts.
17. Attend collaborative team meetings; provide input; elevate demand planning issues for discussion / resolution.
18. Prepare for weekly / monthly exceptions management meeting.
19. Perform tracking for current supply chain projects.
20. Attend S&OP Meeting; elevate unresolved supply planning issues; provide input and execute follow-up activities.
1. 2+ years of experience required in a related work field (Supply Chain or Operations) and experience with demand and supply planning systems.
2. Excellent customer focused project/process management and analytical skills.
3. Ability to work independently and proactively to develop solutions with minimal guidance.
4. Travel up to 25%.
1. BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (Supply Chain, Business, Operations).
2. Exposure to telecommunications or similar industry.
3. Oracle experience and certifications.
4. APICS Certified in Production & Inventory Management (CPIM).
5. Proficiency with Oracle Supply Chain modules, Discoverer, and Microsoft Office.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home...