TerraCycle is one of the most dynamic green businesses in the US, named “ The Coolest Little Startup in America ” by INC Magazine. TerraCycle works with over fifty major brands to collect their hard to recycle post-consumer waste, mostly from packaging, and turns that waste into recycled plastics and “upcycled” products. In 2009 TerraCycle began expanding globally, and TerraCycle currently operates in 22 counties around Europe and the Americas.
TerraCycle seeks to hire a Material Sourcing Associate who will be responsible for sourcing and managing the supply of pre-consumer waste from brand partners, developing new applications for the collected material, and providing support to the Materials Department. The Materials Department manages the difficult to recycle waste collected, and develops profitable outlets for the material.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Establish, review and maintain inventories for pre-consumer waste supply streams
- Source and quote pre-consumer quantities and prices, as well as assist with location inventory management
- Quantifying new business opportunities of pre-consumer waste supply
- Assisting in forecasting of supply and demand
- Managing and maintaining QC processes
- Ensure organization and communication of inbound material with TerraCycle teams, including Materials, Operations, and R&D
- Work on analysis of pre-consumer waste composition with R&D team
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with suppliers/partners
- 20% travel required
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering, Accounting/Finance, Business Admin, Environmental Studies, Logistics preferred)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, as well being comfortable in conversation about green business
- Desire and patience to constantly improve every area of responsibility while completing the task at hand
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Problem-assessment and problem-solving skills
- Negotiation and analytical skills
- High energy team player
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to Stephen Katz at Stephen [dot] Katz [at] TerraCycle [dot] com.
- Full time, salaried position commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time off
- 401 (k) with company match
- Health, vision and dental benefits available
Opportunities at TerraCycle
TerraCycle currently engages more than 20 million people at 90,000 locations in over 20 countries, to collect non-recyclable waste. TerraCycle then turns the collected waste into a wide variety of products and materials. Collection locations include schools, offices, community groups and a wide variety of other organizations as well as homes.
Dumpster diving has never looked so good. TerraCycle makes upcycled products out of previously non-recyclable trash. The company offers tote...