Trans-Tech Inc., a subsidiary of Skyworks Solutions Inc., is searching for an experienced Materials Characterization Scientist to join our R&D team in Adamstown, Maryland. This position is responsible for developing equipment and characterization methods for advanced ceramic materials, performing measurements, and analyzing data derived from the measurements. The ideal candidate will be proficient in advanced characterization techniques for ceramic materials and possess strong synthesis and analytical skills to support the R&D team.
o Thermal Conductivity
- Devising characterization techniques for newly developed advanced ceramic materials.
- Performing measurements to include:
o DC Electrical Conductivity at high temperatures or in atmospheric chambers
o Impedance Spectroscopy
o Seebeck coefficient
o Far Field RF Interactions with materials
o Ultrasonic characterization of materials
- Analyzing the data from the above measurements and interpreting data for IP and marketing purposes.
- Assisting with the synthesis of ceramic materials as required.
- Being familiar with the key projects and suggesting appropriate characterization techniques.
- Training others to perform measurements.
- PhD in Materials Science, Materials Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry or Physics or M.S. degree and over 5 years of experience as a characterization physicist.
- Must have proficiency in advanced characterization techniques for ceramic materials to include all characterization techniques listed above.
- Demonstrated knowledge in ceramics materials processing such as blending, forming, compaction, materials handling, physical & chemical property analysis and characterization
- Organized approach for data management, analysis and results presentation.
- Must have experience in setting up equipment to measure properties of ceramic materials.
- Familiarity with the patent process.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of one of the following; SEM, advanced XRD techniques, Raman or XPS spectroscopy or surface techniques desired.
- Successfully applying for government grant money would be a plus.
Skyworks Solutions - 23 months ago
Skyworks Solutions, Inc. is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors. Leveraging core technologies, Skyworks supports...