The Materials Coordinator manages the acquisition of inventory, stock and non-stock (special orders) surgical supplies and equipment. The Coordinator works closely with Materials Management, Purchasing and Accounting, through the Manager for Surgical Support Services and the team leaders to ensure that supplies and equipment are purchased, delivered and accounted for in a timely manner.
- H.S. diploma required. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of five years supply management or inventory control experience.
- Due to the high degree of contact with public and professional staff; (nurses, physicians, materials management, sales, purchasers, and vendors, etc.) the candidate must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have a working knowledge or familiarity with surgical supplies.
- Must have negotiating skills with a pleasant and accommodating demeanor.
- An orderly and business-like appearance with a pleasing and conversational telephone manner is essential.
- Computer skills for spreadsheet, word processing and data base management