This is a North Slope seasonal position.
This position ensures all materials are available when needed at job sites for one or more construction and maintenance projects through frequent and close coordination with project supervision, procurement personnel, client materials managers, subcontractors, vendors and fabrication facilities.
- Understand, practice and continually lead by example Doyon Associated’s commitment to zero incident safety and environmental culture.
- Manage materials and expedite orders for materials on assigned projects by coordinating all material issues from pre-construction startup to project closing.
- Conduct detailed review with project supervision all construction documents and scopes of work to assess materials needed and delivery sequencing.
- Closely coordinate with project procurement to organize material requisitions and purchase orders to coincide with on time deliveries.
- Communicate with project supervision, procurement, client, subcontractor, vendor and fabrication personnel to ensure orders are placed for on time delivery to job sites.
- Support a team based materials organization that identifies and reconciles material shortages and requirements for planned orders and coordinates releases of production orders to support project schedules and delivery.
- Coordinate material movements between and among fabrication facilities, freight haulers, client warehouse and lay down areas.
- Provide material status reports to project management and supervision to ensure on time delivery of all materials.
- Participate in daily foreman’s and weekly status meetings with project supervision and client representatives to provide material status and updates in support of on time delivery schedules.
- Close and frequent coordination is required with project supervision client materials managers, subcontractors, fabrication facilities and vendors.
- Work closely with procurement personnel to monitor and control small tools and consumables inventory.
- Organize lay down areas to ensure against lost or misplace materials.
- Accurately track materials issued and received.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technical – Basic understanding of contract provisions which address materials. Must have a valid drivers license, the ability to drive safely and a good driving record. Must understand project sequencing to ensure on time and correct materials delivery to job sites. Knowledge and ability to effectively work in a corporate purchase order system.
- Team Work– Ability to work in a team environment, take directions from supervisor(s), high degree of attention to details, follow work rules, and adhere to established work schedules. Ability to successfully and accurately perform duties and responsibilities with minimal direct supervision.
- Confidentiality - Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate procedures for handling sensitive and confidential information
- Customer Service – Must establish and maintain good working relationships with DAL and clients’ material personnel.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem Solving –Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers, analyzes and interprets both financial and general business information skillfully.
- Oral and Written Communication – Effectively communicate, verbally and written, with project supervision and management, and client representatives. Ability to recognize and accurately communicate important issues and questions to appropriate project personnel.
- Quality Management – Ability to proactively work in a high paced, deadline oriented environment. Ability to set and achieve goals, meet deadlines, and analyze and improve work processes. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Must have good working knowledge of projects’ Execution Plans to ensure all materials are available when needed. Strong ability to effectively coordinate multiple material movements and activities. Must plan and conduct daily activities in a highly organized manner. Ability to organize and prioritize daily work, including tracking and managing numerous and varied tasks.
- Safety and Security – Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
To successfully perform this job, this position must perform all duties and responsibilities accurately and satisfactorily while complying with specific deadlines. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to satisfactorily perform this job.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- College degree in construction management, engineering or related and equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in materials management and coordination.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and other materials tracking systems.
- Government, Oil and Gas industry experience on union contracts.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret materials data, materials periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form.
- Must have good skills working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows XP.
- Ability to learn, understand and effectively use clients’ material information systems.
- At a minimum, must have ability to easily use algebraic equations and fractions.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Preference will be given to Doyon shareholders and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i).
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to accurately interpret material and equipment descriptions to ensure receipt of correct materials, equipment and parts.
- Ability to create, maintain and interpret delivery schedules.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The noise level in an office is usually quiet but in the field or at the job site is usually noisy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The employee is regularly required to spend, at times, long periods in the field in an arctic environment. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25+ pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
REASONABLE ACCOMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Doyon Government Group - 16 months ago