Materials Engineer 3
To maintain Philips' Ultrasound transducers as the best in the industry!
We have a dynamic and rewarding career opportunity for a Material Development Engineer! This person will be working in our Research and Development group within Philips Healthcare, located in our Reedsville, PA facility. This person will get to work with the best engineers in medical ultrasound and develop ultrasound transducers that are helping to save lives every day all around the world.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for developing innovative solutions to meet our customer and business needs with an emphasis on developing materials and manufacturing processes in new transducer products.
- The individual will be part of new product development teams that span the full range of development from feasibility studies to stable production.
- The individual will be responsible for achieving new product performance, reliability, cost and schedule goals.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer.
- Masters of Science degree or PhD in Material Science, Chemistry, or equivalent
- Two or more years of developing new materials, new applications and new manufacturing processes
- A self-starter, highly motivated with good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent analytical skills and experience with statistics, Design of Experiments, Mixture DOEs, and material characterization techniques
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface with customers, vendors and engineers from different disciplines (EE, ME, etc)
- Excellent team player that works effectively with cross functional and cross site teams
- Experience with composites, adhesives and piezoelectrics a plus
- Experience with compact electronic devices and advanced microelectronic packaging a plus)
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today!
Not yet ready to apply? That’s okay! Learn more about us by joining our Talent Network on
or following us on Twitter at
Research and Development
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Philips Global - 2 years ago
Philips is a diversified technology company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of...