Ready to engineer a truly exciting product?
Bring your talents to the leader in marine engine propulsion systems!
Mercury Marine (a division of Brunswick Corporation, NYSE: BC) is the world leader in recreational marine propulsion engines. Enjoy career growth opportunities and the chance to work for a true leader designing fun, exciting products that are the talk of the market!
• Provide Test Request failure analysis of components returned from internal testing, field failures and warranty claims.
• Through consultation with Test Requesters, determine the extent of testing required, level of urgency and the most cost and time effective manner to achieve the stated goals.
• Provide expert guidance to design engineering, manufacturing, sourcing quality and purchasing through analysis of process development samples to assess production readiness.
• Perform production qualification (PPAP, SITR) work for externally sourced components.
• Support sourcing initiatives through qualification of new vendors, processes and materials.
• Provide new product material and processing recommendations of aluminum, carbon steel, stainless steel, brass and bronze alloys.
• Support the adoption of new materials and processes by leading the technical data collection and risk/reward analysis needed to make those decisions.
• Record results of work performed, conclusions and recommendations in clear, concise and timely reports.
• As needed, present the results of your work to cross-functional internal stake-holders, and to representatives of the external supply chain.
• Operation and maintenance of all materials laboratory equipment, including both destructive and non-destructive methods of inspection.
What you bring to our winning team:
• Bachelor’s Degree, required. Master’s Degree, preferred. (Materials Science and Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering)
• 2-5+ years of “Hands on” experience in a materials laboratory or equivalent experience
• Strong working knowledge of metallic materials selection, fabrication processes, manufacturing processes, manufacturing sequences, quality systems, and interpretation of technical drawings and specifications
• Ability to draw conclusions & make recommendations based on data findings
• Lean Six Sigma certification, desirable
Why is this role for you?
Take the lead in a consultative and investigative role within our Materials group. You will be an integral member of the team responsible for material analyses of engine components and peripherals, not to mention various product inquiries from other Brunswick operations (we are the central Materials Lab for all of Brunswick). This is your chance to apply and expand your materials knowledge. We have a well equipped Materials Lab, staffed with subject matter experts - including internationally recognized experts! You will quickly see that opportunities are numerous in this highly visible role, as you will also provide support to Manufacturing, Sourcing and Quality to qualify and maintain production readiness.
Why Mercury Marine?
Being the world leader doesn’t happen by chance. It takes investment in leading edge technologies and top rated talent to create and maintain innovative products that shape the future of marine propulsion. We are ready to make that investment in you!
Mercury Marine is deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace. EOE / AAP.
Brunswick's business is everyone else's free time. The company is a global manufacturer of marine, recreation,...