This is more than a job posting for Kohler Company, one of the oldest and largest privately held companies in North America. This is an invitation to collaborate and contribute in an environment that's grounded in bold, meaningful innovation.
Over 10,000 patents strong, Kohler is backed by a rich history of creativity, stability, and commitment. Since 1873, our life's work has been to contribute to a higher-level of gracious living for those touched by our products and services. With diverse business groups ranging from kitchen and bath products to engines, furniture, and even world-class golf, Kohler has taken the meaning of leading-edge to an entirely new level.
Today, you have a unique opportunity to join the more than 30,000 associates across the globe who have already experienced the thrill of discovery and opportunity to grow with Kohler.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
As a Materials Engineer, you'll support the development and enhancement of existing plastic/polymeric materials & processes. This position requires the ability to drive innovation based on an understanding and application of technical fundamentals. The ability to conceive, plan, & execute thorough evaluations of material & process- related physical properties is a basic expectation.
Specific responsibilities include:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - WHAT YOU NEED TO QUALIFY
- Initiating and/or executing R&D projects that focus on product improvement via the integration of new or improved materials & process technologies.
- Supporting the preparation of project plans for the qualification of new or improved material & process technologies.
- Coordinating work by support personnel and outside groups involving design, development, prototype construction, test, and evaluation of materials. Work closely with project groups to ensure materials satisfy performance and aesthetic requirements.
- Maintaining project records and preparing technical, cost, and other reports to show project progress as required.
- Contributing sound professional advice, creative ideas, concepts, and approaches to new product design, development, and manufacturing.
SKILL PREFERENCES - HOW YOU CAN STAND OUT
- Success begins with a Bachelors Degree in Engineering (preference in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or Composites Engineering)
- 1-5 years of work experience in a related technical field (includes Co-Op/Internship experience).
- Experience with polymeric materials is required
Other desirable areas of expertise include new material formulation, surface enhancement, coating development, and other material R&D activities.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Beyond competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler fosters opportunity for career growth by featuring a robust performance process, excellent training opportunities, and succession planning within the organization. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at company website.
Today, over 50 leading edge Kohler brands deliver as promised to customers in six continents- a testament to the craft of over 30,000 associates and the culture in which they operate.
As Kohler associates we are stewards of our craft, our culture, our environment and our communities. We care about our work and are committed to a single level of quality. We forge our own path and, in turn, experience the joy of discovery and the opportunity to grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Kohler - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
When profits go down the drain at Kohler, that's not necessarily a bad thing. The company makes bathroom and kitchen products -- from...