At ALTA, we acknowledge that an effective recruitment and selection process is essential in attracting and retaining high quality personnel. This is achieved by effective skills assessment coupled with the most objective evaluation techniques.
Job suitability is achieved with the above, together with the evaluation of each individual's experience along with a background check and drug screening.
Training and Development
At ALTA, we believe in developing our personnel into well-rounded employees. Although we expect our people to be trained and skilled in their chosen disciplines, we ensure that they keep abreast with the latest in trends and technologies with an appropriate training program, as well as possessing the necessary background and know-how regarding workplace disciplines.
ALTA maintains relationships with many major equipment manufacturers with whom we have set up training programs. Such programs enable us to send selected employees on manufacturer training courses for relevant technologies.
ALTA also provides significant training opportunities for our Project Manager, Program Managers, Supervisors, Managers and Directors with focus on leadership skills development.
Compensation and Benefits
ALTA offers a highly competitive compensation package to go along with excellent benefits which include comprehensive health care coverage, survivor and disability benefits, retirement savings plan, and paid time off.
Click Here to Complete Your Application
Share with friends or Subscribe!
Materials Handler - Sparks, Nevada
Responsible for tracking, receiving, and returning materials. Must ensure material shipped at a reasonable time for completion of jobs. Delivers equipment and tools to other company Warehouses and/or work sites.
Performing general warehouse duties which include but are not limited to receiving, staging, packaging, and delivery of the product to and from the Customer job site. Additional learned skills could include knowledge on how to operate and process within customer software programs as well as Company programs such as Great Plains and Materials Management system.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES:
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS:
- Handle, Inspect and Receive and Stage material.
- Stage and package material.
- Delivery of goods to and from customer site.
- Operation of up to 26' commercial straight truck may be required.
- Depending on skill set computer processing may be required.
- Computer software will comprise of Great Plains inventory module as well as the Company's Materials Management System. Microsoft Outlook and Excel are also used on a daily basis.
WORK REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Accurate and effective communication skills.
- High School or equivalent.
- Thinks critically and problem solve.
- Good judgment.
- Organizational skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Valid drivers licenses and clean MVR.
- Use of standard office equipment.
- Finger and wrist dexterity.
- Confined sitting.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Non-air condition and limited heat environment.
- Uniform should consist of steel toes and jeans/slacks with casual/non-offensive shirt; the exception is during the summer shorts will be allowed.