Allina Hospitals & Clinics is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is the largest not-for-profit hospital in the Twin Cities with a longstanding tradition of compassionate care and service; centers of excellence in cardiovascular care, oncology, neuroscience, orthopedics and obstetrics; and leadership in education and clinical research. Located in Minneapolis, Minn., Abbott Northwestern is a 633-bed hospital. Its 5,330 employees and 1,586 physicians care for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is proud to be recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
An established, award-winning Electronic Medical Record is utilized.
- Taking physical inventory of medical supplies in the users areas.
- Pick, pack and neatly stock medical supplies carts (products involved are medical commodity supplies such as dressings, needles, syringes, IV fluids and such) onto the clean supply carts in the user areas.
- Make and/or suggest changes to customers’ par levels (increase or decrease).
- Work with various nursing staff on problem resolution.
- Miscellaneous duties as requested/required.
- Good communication skills.
- Almost continuous walking & seeing.
- Frequent to continuous pushing, pulling, twisting, turning and bending.
- Occasionally lifting up to 40 pounds, below, at and above shoulder level. Must be able to carry up to 40 pounds.
- Able to push carts weighing up to 300 pounds (this requires 20-40 lbs of force to be exerted to start the cart rolling).
- Neat appearance & good hygiene.
- Maintain alertness and concentration.
- Must be capable of dealing with stress in emergency situations.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read product descriptions that are written in English.
- Must be able to count and do basic math.
- Able to work within time limits.
- Able to work individually or as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Great attention to detail is required.
- Customer service focused with excellent communication skills.
- Being familiar with hospital environment and hospital supplies, is desirable.
- Punctual with history of excellent attendance.
- Attention to detail.
- No lifting restrictions, good communication skills, able to work as a team member and under minimal supervision.
- Reliable, good attendance and punctual.
- Medical products knowledge desirable.
- Work within time limits.
- Customer service oriented.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Casual position no guarantee of hours per week
- Night Shift
- Every Other Weekend
- L113 Contract
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
Community Resource Links:
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Information School Digger
Explore Minnesota MN Dept of Education
Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine St. Paul Pioneer Press
Twin Cities Living Magazine Star Tribune
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Hospitals & Clinics is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA
Allina Health System - 22 months ago
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees,...