POSITION SUMMARY :
Under a self directed work environment, the material handler is responsible for the safe, efficient and accurate movement of finished goods, packaging and other materials to and from the warehouse. Includes competence in all of the following: supporting needs of the packaging floor, storing product, paperwork and computer entry, and loading product onto and off of trucks and cars for shipment and receipts.
· Safe operation of a forklift truck with various attachments to move palletized and unpalletized products and materials in close proximity to team members and equipment.
· Loading and unloading of finished goods and packaging materials from trucks and rail cars of various sizes and configurations.
1. Completing of proper documentation for orders.
· Competence in all the required support functions for the packaging floor including:
1. Appropriate boxes, cartons, film, totes, etc. provided at the proper time in the proper place.
2. Removal of unused materials and waste/scrap materials.
3. Movement of regrind materials to support the regrind operations.
4. Compliance with the master sanitation schedule and GMPs at all times
· Competence in using the relevant computer screens and reports, knowledge to enter information quickly and very accurately, and knowledge to run reports, print documents, etc.
· Competence in using PkMS RF equipment for picking, receiving and storing functions as required.
· Must complete accurate and timely cycle counts
· Communicate effectively with other Team Members across the functions to insure efficient production levels and to address irregularities.
· Run any new equipment brought into use in the warehouse such as, compactors, balers, new computers, etc.
· Any other various duties as assigned by the management team.
· Personal safety.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to pass the written exam and driving test to comply with OSHA’s standard on forklift certification, and have the ability to learn to use computer terminals and computer based equipment is necessary.
- Tasks performed involve work with equipment and processes that require familiarity with formal safety procedures and in following the procedures in order to maintain the safety of the work environment.
- Must have the mechanical ability to the extent of analyzing basic irregularities in the proper functioning of equipment is necessary, and the ability to calculate basic math functions (adding subtracting, multiplying, division, percent, etc.) accurately and quickly is necessary.
- Must possess the willingness and ability to take initiative, use judgment and be dependable in carrying out required functions on a timely basis is essential, and have the ability to accomplish all duties assigned.
- Must be able to work well and communicate well with others to accomplish department goals and objectives.
- Must possess manual dexterity to operate all components of a forklift safely.
- Must possess visual acuity and depth perception to operate a forklift safely in close proximity to equipment and people.
- Must be able to kneel, climb, and crawl on an infrequent basis.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds is necessary.
WORK SCHEDULE :
Rotating 12 Hour schedule 6pm to 6:30am, every other weekend off.