Material Handler I
TISCO ( www.tiscoparts.com ), a Blount International, Inc. business has an exceptional Material Handler I opportunity at our facility in Nashville, TN.
TISCO has been a trusted independent distributor of quality tractor parts as well as combine, agricultural implement, and light industrial replacement parts for 75 years! We proudly service our worldwide family of dealers with the industry's largest company sales force, expert technical support, and world class operations. TISCO team works constantly to deliver the industry's best value, and ease of doing business. Delivering reliable parts you need. Fast.
We are committed to excellence in our people, products, performance, and profits. We value our employees and their contributions to our success; product innovation and product quality; continuous improvement through total quality management; environmentally sound and responsible business practices; honesty, integrity, and social responsibility in our business; and customer service. We believe our employees are the foundation of our Company's success, and we are committed to continuous learning and quality, focusing on the customer, respect and accountability, flexibility, and good relationships with others.
The successful candidate assists in ensuring proper and timely delivery of customer products through a variety of shipping and receiving responsibilities .
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMTED TO:
- Hands on involvement in all aspects of the distribution operations including small package, LTL, TL, returns, receiving, etc.
- Picks, processes, and packages as required.
- Loads and unload trucks.
- Assists in physical inventory, discrepancy resolution and performs cycle counting as required.
- Ensures receiving, picking, and shipping accuracy.
- Ensures product is labeled and packaged according to TISCO specifications.
- Operates forklift or other power driven equipment to load or move materials. Ability to become certified and perform the proper forklift techniques. Ensures forklift maintenance is up to date.
- Safely operates a forklift to perform necessary functions while applying all OSHA required procedures.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area and workstations neat; maintain a clean shipping supply area; comply with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Must be flexible to work multiple shifts and scheduled overtime.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School diploma preferred
- Previous picking/packing experience is required. Ability to operate industrial lift trucks and other mechanical material handling equipment preferred. Must be able to read and write.
HOURS: Must be available for the following shift: First (9:00AM – 5:30PM)
- Position requires ability to lift 50 pounds
- Work requires moderate speed and accuracy
- Position requires the physical ability for repetitious bending, stooping, standing, and walking with the occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds unassisted.
ABOUT BLOUNT INTERNATIONAL, INC:
Blount is a publicly traded (NYSE: BLT) designer, manufacturer, and marketer of equipment for consumers and professionals in select global end markets, including Forestry, Lawn and Garden; Farm, Ranch and Agriculture; and Concrete Cutting and Finishing. We also supply major chainsaw and lawn mower original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with cutting attachments.
Blount’s global footprint includes manufacturing, sales, and distribution facilities in the United States, Canada, Japan, Brazil, China, and Europe. Blount offers products under the brand names OREGON®, Carlton®, Woods®, TISCO®, SpeeCo®, ICS®, and PBL®. For more information visit www.blount.com .
Blount will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.