Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
These are Term Appointment Positions Not-to-Exceed (NTE) Two (2) Years.
These positions are located in the Office of Preparedness and Emergency Operations (OPEO), Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Reponse (ASPR), Office of the Secretary (OS), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), in Dallas, TX, Sacramento, CA, and Washington, DC.
This announcement may be used to fill additional positions.
$20.04 PH - $23.41 PH - Dallas, TX
$20.88 PH - $24.35 PH - Sacramento, CA
$21.15 PH - $24.62 PH - Washington, DC Metro
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Background investigation required. DUTIES:
Performs warehousing functions, including receiving, locating, storing, shipping, issuing, re-warehousing and re-packing materials, commodities, or equipment related to preparedness and response for public health and medical missions.
Directs and guides the work of lower level workers as to placement, unloading, timing, and general movement of materials within assigned areas.
Coordinates and schedules deliveries, confirms delivery date, destination, and storage requirements.
Operates motor vehicles and industrial equipment and perform daily preventive maintenance on equipment.
Completes receiving reports to accurately reflect materials delivered by vendors. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
While there is no minimum amount of training or experience required, the applicant must have had experience, military or civilian, paid or unpaid, of sufficient scope and quality to perform the duties of a Materials Handler, WG-6907-07. The applicant must have experience performing tasks that involves performing warehouse functions, including receiving, locating, storing, shipping, issuing, re-warehousing and re-packing materials, commodities, or equipment.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees . Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
11. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
12. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
13. Domestic and international travel required: Yes HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be ranked into one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified.
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher). Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Knowledge of warehousing functions in the areas of receiveing, ordering, storing, stocking, inventory, locating, re-warehousing, preservation, issuing, and security and materials handling methods, procedures, and techniques.
2. Skill in stocking, arranging, and rotating items according to height, width, and weight.
3. Ability to identify and classify hazardous materials.
4. Skill in oral communication.
5. Skill in written communication.
The Federal Government offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/Interactive/Benefits#icc . OTHER INFORMATION:
If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-points veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. For more information on veterans preference see http://www.usajobs.gov/Veterans .
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov ).
For information on "People with Disabilities" please visit http://opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap . To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
usajobs.gov - 22 months ago
Indian Health Service's mission is to provide health care and related services for American Indian and Alaska Natives, as well as their...