The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, California and your community!
The California National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the California National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Upon acceptance of a military technician position military members who are currently receiving a military Reenlistment/Extension Bonus (REB) or GI Bill-SR Kicker may lose incentive eligibility and may be subject to termination or suspension of incentive (includes indefinite and temporary technicians on assignment for more than 180 days in any continuous 12-month period).
Area of Consideration: Current military members of the Air National Guard, Air
Force Reserve or Regular Air Force ( Applicants who are NOT currently a member of the
California National Guard (CNG) must become a member of a compatible unit of
assignment within the CNG commensurate with the military grade listed in this
announcement prior to federal assignment)
Military grade of E-1 through E-6
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive IS NOT
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) is NOT
authorized, based on determination that PCS move is not in the Government
Requires Travel: Infrequent/Rare
- Security Clearance Required: Secret
- Compatible Military Assignments: AFSC 2SXXX
- Must complete OF 306 Declaration for Federal Employment form
- Must provide at least 3 references
THIS IS A PERMANENT POSITION
This position is located in an ANG Aviation
Wing, Mission Support Group, Logistics Readiness Squadron, Materiel Management
Flight in the Asset Management Section. The
primary purpose of this position is to provide management control, oversight,
coordination, and issue of all individual equipment and clothing items to wing
customers. This position facilitates the
primary mission of procurement, receiving, distributing, tracking,
accountability, reporting, and serving as the primary point of contact for base
individual equipment and clothing. A
broad general knowledge of general supply, storage, distribution, and inventory
specializations is required.
to Night and/or Rotating Shifts
General: Experience or training which
demonstrates the ability to compare item identification against receiving
reports and issue request forms; skill in using hand trucks, dollies, and other
equipment to move stock; ability to use hammers, pliers, and other hand tools;
and to follow oral and written instructions.
Materials Handler, WG-6907-06: Must have 9 months experience or training in receiving, packaging, and
preparation for shipment; experience in compiling reports, overall warehouse
planning, documentation requirements, and accepted warehousing methods,
procedures and techniques; experience in setting up and rotating storage
locations considering factors such as life expectancy, available space, product
SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: The following knowledges, skills, and
abilities will be used by the selecting officials to determine the best
qualified applicants from which selection will be made:
1. Ability to do the more difficult tasks, answer
questions, and check the work performed at the next lower level.
2. Skill in setting up and rotating storage locations.
3. Skill in determining shortage and overage in
inventory; inspecting items to determine fare, wear and tear.
4. Ability to read and interpret technical
publications, manuals, and regulations.
*CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR résumé . THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
Conditions of Employment:
Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
Must wear appropriate military uniform including required grooming standards.
Must maintain a compatible military unit, grade and job assignment as required by current directives.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
F lexible Spending Accounts - https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. : http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - : http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
This link provides and overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the California National Guard Human Resources Office, you must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number 1-478-757-3144 listed on this announcement with the prescribed cover letter. The Human Resource Office can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
3. NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS: A STANDING REGISTER WILL BE CREATED FROM THE LISTING OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THIS/THESE POSITION(S). APPLICANTS MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITIONS IN THE SPECIALTY AREA AT THE SPECIFIED LOCATIONS FOR UP TO 60 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT.
4. Social Security Number: Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks, and others who may know you. Failure to provide your Social Security number on your application materials will result in your application not being processed.
5. PRIVACY ACT- Privacy Act Notice (PL 93-579): The information requested here is used to determine qualification for employment and is authorized under Title 5 U.S.C. 3302 and 3361.
6. False Statements - If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or you may be subject to fine, imprisonment, or other disciplinary action.
Please DO NOT send fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the California National Guard Human Resources Office, you must apply on-line OR fax your application to the fax number 1-478-757-3144 listed on the announcement with the prescribed cover letter.
To apply for this position, you must
complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified
in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be
submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Vacancy ID 961902
Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
Title of Job
001 MATERIALS HANDLER
062311085 Mountain View, CA
Respond to all the questions below. For each question, choose the response below to best describes your experience and/or training. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide in your resume or application and information your references provide.
1. Are you a current military member of the Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve or Regular Air Force?
2. Do you currently possess the military grade of E-1 through E-6?
3. Do you possess experience, education, or training which demonstrates the ability to compare item identification against receiving reports and issue request forms; skill in using hand trucks, dollies, and other equipment to move stock; ability to use hammers, pliers, and other hand tools; and to follow oral and written instructions?
4. Do you have 9 months experience or training in receiving, packaging, and preparation for shipment; experience in compiling reports, overall warehouse planning, documentation requirements, and accepted warehousing methods, procedures and techniques; experience in setting up and rotating storage locations considering factors such as life expectancy, available space, product turnover, etc.?
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
A- I know little or nothing about this.
B- I have had study or training in this.
C- I have used my knowledge or ability, but I have been closely supervised.
D- I have used my knowledge or ability on my own, under normal supervision.
E- I am consulted by other journeypersons in difficult situations, or I am called on to do unusually difficult jobs.
controls, and operates the Individual Equipment Element exercising control over
clothing and individual equipment items.
items are verified against receiving documents/invoices as to stock number,
quantity, size, etc.
a central issue and turn in point for individual clothing and equipment
including special items authorized by Allowance Source Code authorization,
AFSC, or duty assignments; common use items; field equipment; etc.
and establishes levels of all items to be stored by the element including
initial stock levels and special levels based on prior demand, known
requirements, forecasted needs, and storage space.
required jacket files and records of individual equipment assets and individual
usajobs.gov - 6 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...