WELCOME TO THE PEACH STATE!
Area of Consideration: Open only to current Georgia Army National Guard Enlisted members.
Position Location: PFO-SSW, Atlanta, Georgia.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): PCS is not authorized.
Relocation Incentive: Relocation Incentive is not authorized.
Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP): Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP).
Type of Appointment: This is a full-time, Excepted Indefinite, dual-status position which requires Georgia Army National Guard Membership. Position is indefinite; however, may convert to permanent without further competition. If a tenured applicant is selected, tenure will not change.
Job Summary: This position is located in a maintenance facility, warehouse, training site, supply or support type facility. Its purpose is to oversee one or more product lines, a segment of a large warehouse, or serve as the senior employee in a smaller warehouse or supply facility.
Background Check: Selectee may, at the option of the agency, be required to submit to criminal, credit history, and general background checks which will be evaluated by the agency prior to a final offer of employment and access into the Georgia National Guard Federal Technician or Active Guard/Reserve program.
National Guard Membership: This position requires military membership. It is designated for Georgia Army National Guard Enlisted incumbent(s) only. In accordance with ARNG regulations, incumbent performs duties necessary to accomplish military Materials Handler functions in support of programs essential to state Army National Guard daily operations, training and readiness missions.
As a member of a Georgia Army National Guard unit, you will be required to train with your unit, normally one weekend a month and 15 days of annual training each year. Georgia Army National Guard units and members are subject to immediate call to federal or state active duty to meet national or state emergencies.
- Must be a current U.S. Citizen.
- Under 5 USC 2108 & 5 CFR 211, Veteran's Preference criteria does not apply.
- Direct Deposit Banking is Mandatory.
- Military Requirement: ECMF: 91; MOS: 36B, 51C, 74B, 88M/N, 89A/B or
The following list of duties is not conclusive but provides a brief snapshot of the duties that may be required of this position:
- Performs a full range of warehousing activities to include receiving, storing, selecting and shipping bulk and bin materials and equipment.
- Assists in the development of plans for storage and arrangement of stock to determine warehouse configuration, setup, movement, rearrangement and traffic flow.
- Coordinates incoming and outgoing shipments and placement of materials within docking area.
- Operates large warehouse perimeter vehicles such as cargo tractors, stake trucks, mobile cranes, and forklifts ranging in size up to 10,000 lbs.
- Prepares inventory and production reports, screens and identifies shipping and receiving documents for discrepancies, and directs shipments to shipping or storage areas.
- Identifies, examines, classifies, accepts and disposes of a wide variety of materials and property including electronic equipment, aircraft and automotive components and assemblies.
- Determines physical condition and serviceability of material and property.
- Prepares statements of facts pertaining to loss, damage or destruction of property.
- Performs other related duties as required.
General Experience: Applicant must have experience or training which demonstrates the ability to compare item identification against receiving reports and issue request forms; skill in using hand trucks, dollies, and other equipment to move stock; ability to use hammers, pliers, and other hand tools; and to follow oral and written instructions.
Specialized Experience: Applicant must have a minimum of 18 months specialized experience in receiving, packaging, and preparation for shipment. Experience in compiling reports, overall warehouse planning, documentation requirements, and accepted warehousing methods, procedures and techniques. Experience in setting up and rotating storage locations considering factors such as life expectancy, available space, product turnover, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be further evaluated by the Selecting Official based on the following KSAs considered essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Knowledge of the overall warehousing plan, documentation requirements, and accepted warehousing methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Knowledge of basic design and construction principals for the construction of standard and non-standard shipping and storage
- Ability to read or understand complex verbal or written instructions pertaining to warehousing duties, responsibilities and procedures.
- Knowledge of transportation, security, environmental laws, and regulations in daily warehouse duties.
- Knowledge of automation systems in daily operations.
- Knowledge of various supply classes and distinguishing characteristics of similar classes.
- Knowledge to identify materials and their condition. Incumbent must know how to route materials for technical review, storage, repair or disposal.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of material to perform required research for item identification.
Other Requirements: For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment. For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, applicants must have a valid state drivers license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
National Guard Compatibility: Once an applicant is selected and prior to being placed in the technician Materials Handler position, the selectee must be assigned to any unit in the Georgia Army National Guard as an Enlisted member in CMF: 91; MOS: 36B, 51C, 74B, 88M/N, 89A/B or 92A/F/G/Y. Rank inversion is strictly prohibited.
Wear of the Army uniform as prescribed by AR/NGB/GA NGR is required for incumbent of this position. Acceptance of this position constitutes concurrence with this requirement as a condition of employment.
Preplacement Medical Requirements: Selectee will be required to undergo medical testing, at the government's expense, prior to beginning employment. Medical tests are used to determine fitness and eligibility for employment.
Optional Form 78 (Certificate of Medical Examination) will be used to determine the fitness and eligibility for employment. Upon review of results, the Human Resources Officer will approve selection, require additional medical information or find selectee medically disqualified for employment and withdraw said offer.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire.
The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the duties required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Federal Government offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/InteractiveBenefits#icc .
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov ).
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...