Shipping Materials Handler
The major function of a shipping material handler is to properly and accurately debox, inspect all products that will be shipped out for home delivery or used for display at one of our retail stores. Care must be taken to insure (or ensure) the products meets all quality standards.
• Un-carton/unwrap furniture and inspect for defects and damaged
• Responsible for the proper handling and care of the merchandise
• Responsible maintaining a clean and organized work space
• Properly handle and sort all shipping material to allow the materials can be recycled
• Heavy lifting required
• Must be able to lift 100 Lbs repeatedly through out the day
• Must complete and understand all company sponsored safety programs
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon the request of their supervisor.
Haverty Furniture Companies, Inc. - 13 months ago