COMPANY INFORMATION AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is an innovative specialty chemical company that produces and supplies technologies that improve the quality and performance of our customers' products in the global transportation, industrial, and consumer markets. Lubrizol is a Fortune 500 company. In 2010 we were recognized by Newsweek as one of the greenest companies in America. We are an 11-time winner of the NorthCoast 99 Award, honoring great workplaces for top talent in Northeast Ohio. In 2010 and 2011, Forbes Magazine and Corporate Responsibility Magazine named us one of the top 100 and best corporate citizens, respectively. Trust Across America also named us a Top 10 Trustworthy Company for 2010. Lubrizol consistently recruits the best and brightest. Put your valuable skills to work and join us!
The Engineered Polymers Material Handlers are primarily responsible for receiving shipments of materials and for packaging and labeling materials for shipment or placement in inventory. They manage the inventory system. They deliver materials to internal and external customers that may come in from outside sources or are processed by building technicians. They are also responsible for the proper disposal of materials.
REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Manage and maintain the inventory system using bar coding equipment for Estane and TempRite, in both Brecksville and Valley View warehouses.
- Consistently provide superior customer service by working directly with the Processing Technicians and all customers to resolve inventory issues.
- Unload, properly label, receive and restock into inventory both hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Support Estane and TempRite technicians by staging pick-listed materials in staging area.
- Coordinate the Estane resin recycle program.
- Support Valley View warehouse by staging material to travel between Brecksville and Valley View keeping raw materials rotated and disposing of outdated materials.
- Operate floor cleaning equipment, maintain good housekeeping practices, and clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, instruments, storage areas and walkways utilizing various types of equipment to ensure compliance with safety requirements.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or equivalent.
2 or more years of warehouse and inventory systems experience
Valid driver license.
Working knowledge of the metric system.
Good math skills (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication).
Good communication skills (written, verbal, listening).
The ability to keep track of complex name, numbering and lot systems.
Demonstrated computer literacy including Microsoft Office Applications.
Self-motivated without immediate supervision.
Ability to operate lift trucks
Will be subject to extended periods of climbing ladders and stairways; sitting; walking; standing; bending; stooping; carrying; pushing; pulling; reaching; moving; and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Moving or lifting containers up to 700 lb. drums with mechanical assistance.
Flexibility with schedule and work duties.
Able to wear respirator.
Travel approximately 20% after inital training in Wickliffe for approximately 2-4 months.
CONSIDERED A PLUS:
Experience with SAP.
Familiarity with Lubrizol products, Intermediates and raw materials.
Familiarity with Lubrizol inventory management system.
SALARY RANGE: $38,000 - $46,000
NO RELOCATION AVAILABLE
Lubrizol is a smooth operator -- the company is the world's #1 maker of additives for lubricants and fuels. The manufacturer...