* This position requires the ability to lift a 100# loaded cart up as many as three flights of stairs.
* Counts, weighs or measures incoming or outgoing items to compare identifying information and variety against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records; examines incoming shipments for damage or shortages and corresponds with shipper to rectify; completes paperwork or forms required for documentation.
* Determines method of shipment utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates; prepares materials for shipping by weighing, packaging and stamping; prepares necessary shipping forms such as bills of lading.
* Provides on the job training to lower level employees and resolves problems utilizing knowledge of shipping/receiving/stock operations.
* Operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks or dollies to move stock or reorganize storage.
* Participates in routing, counting and inspecting items while loading and unloading trucks; delivers and returns items.
* Transports high technology, high dollar cost equipment, laboratory supplies, office supplies, furniture and hazardous materials to customers; secures cargo properly and safely with weight evenly distributed.
* Performs vehicle inspection as required by Federal and Arizona State Law; ensures proper documentation and package marking with appropriate placards when moving hazardous materials.
* Fills orders and issues materials and supplies per requests; documents transactions appropriately; prepares requisitions and computes costs; keeps records of storeroom inventory.
* Performs minor repairs on stock items or equipment.
* Participates in ordering or purchasing standard stock items, such as recommending additions or deletions to standard stock items or ordering replenishments within established procedures and limits.
* Utilizes computerized or automated systems to accomplish tasks.
* One year of shipping/receiving experience; OR,
* Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
* A valid driver's license
* Knowledge of the Northern Arizona University campus.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
* Knowledge of automated or computerized system operation.
* Knowledge of record keeping practices.
* Knowledge of safety practices.
* Skill in lifting heavy packages and objects.
* Skill in operating forklift or other materials handling equipment.
* Skill in operating large vehicles in tight and congested areas.
* Ability to effectively communicate.
* The ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
* Background and fingerprint checks will be required prior to hiring.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee¿s start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/benefits/elig_enroll
Open until further notice.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on line at http://hr.nau.edu or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Affirmative Action Office at 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.