Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation
(NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric
utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000
employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to
15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively
pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Shared Services is focused on engaging our employees to better
understand our clients' businesses and provide superior customer
service. Aligning our operations and our people with the client
organizations we serve facilitates better planning, execution and
overall service delivery. We have once again set lofty goals for 2011,
and we intend to achieve them. Some of these goals, such as
environmental compliance and leadership, require the collective effort
of employees across the company. Together, we will become the leading
corporate services organization and the leading utility in U.S.
This is an International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E. This job is subject to collective bargaining.
Material Handlers are responsible for the management of materials for gas, electric, telecommunications, grid and transmission clients. They receive stock, pick and distribute electrical and gas utility materials, such as transformers, cable, fittings and meters. Duties include lifting and moving materials by equipment and by hand. Material Handlers also participate in annual inventory and periodic cycle counts at the facility.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License or ability to obtain within 10 days of hire
- Ability to work in all types of weather extremes
- Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions
- Ability to work at varying level of heights
- Ability to work flexible schedules, extended hours, nights, weekends, and/or overtime (scheduled or ad hoc)
- Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds a minimum of one time a day
- Internal PG&E employees: Must have qualified on the Clerical Test Battery (CTB) exam prior to applying
- External and Hiring Hall candidates: Must qualify on the Clerical Test Battery (CTB) exam prior to interviewing
- Demonstrated experience using Enhanced Warehouse Management (EWM) software
- Demonstrated experience using SAP
- 3+ year work experience in warehouse or shipping environment
- Class A drivers license
- Certified to operate a forklift
- Current or previous PG&E employee
- Current or previous Hiring Hall employee
- Maintain an absolute commitment to safety and work safely at all times
- Receive, pick, stock and deliver material by hand or with use of equipment
- Responsible for in-storage maintenance, material searches and return to stock
- Perform duties using various Material Handling equipment including forklifts, stock pickers and other necessary equipment and tools
- Use computer to complete administrative tasks
- Stack and un-stack materials while working at various heights
- Work in environments including inclement weather and emergency conditions
Pacific Gas and Electric Company - 17 months ago
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...