Responsible for assisting Engineering Department in the initiation, planning, execution, material procurement, risk management, and close out of projects focused on the engineering of high voltage electrical substations and transmission lines.
Education / Experience
- Procurement related experience with utility related material, stores item numbers, and electrical construction standards
- Utilization, familiarity, and demonstrated skills using Passport (or similar ERP Systems) with special emphasis on material ordering
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or other relevant degree is preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Possesses strong material management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of substation and transmission systems
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills, technical knowledge, organizational ability and leadership talent
- Able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers from a project execution perspective
- Demonstrated Project Management experience on Engineering Projects (preferred High Voltage Substation or Transmission Line Projects)
- Ability to schedule in MS Project and/or Primavera is preferred
- Work with the Engineering design teams to provide effective communication, scope management, budget management, schedule management, risk management, and procurement management as needed during all phases of substation and transmission engineering projects
- Generate Material Requests utilizing the Passport System to insure that requested material is ordered, expedited and received as needed for the construction of a project
- Assist the Engineering design teams with the preparation and maintenance of cash flows, monthly budget forecasts, % spend vs. % completion, as well as preparing and obtaining change orders for assigned projects
- Assist the Engineering design teams in the creation and maintenance of schedules and other work as needed for support of assigned projects
- Resolve inter-group conflicts, project conflicts and delays as required to meet project construction goals
- Work effectively with all client divisions including contractors, engineering, testing, and municipal governments.
Dashiell - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Dashiell specializes in designing, building, testing, and maintaining high and medium voltage electrical systems for utilities, power...