Location: Houston, TX
TAR Materials Management Process Analyst
This role will take a lead role in the development of improved materials management processes for Turnaround (TAR) and Construction activities within client’s Gulf of Mexico region. The key outcome of this role will be to show improved visibility and control of materials through the entire supply chain lifecycle. It is expected that this outcome will in turn drive the reduction of operational risk and overall inventory holdings.
Prior experience should include:
Working within the Gulf of Mexico Procurement and Supply Chain Management (GoM PSCM) division, this role will be part of a multi-phase initiative. There will be significant interaction with stakeholders at different levels of the organization, including the TAR and Projects functions, Engineering stakeholders, Logistics, and other GoM PSCM stakeholders. Likewise, some interaction with external partners, such as key vendors or Engineering and Project Management Services (EPMS) partners will be expected. Process improvements will be implemented as part of this effort, meaning that change management efforts will be incorporated into the role, up to and including the determination and measurement of key performance indicators.
- Managing materials for schedule-driven activities, preferably TAR or major projects-related.
- Continuous improvement project experience, with the ability to demonstrate tangible benefits realized from improvement efforts
- Process definition and process mapping
- Change management or demonstrable evidence of implementing process changes
This position ultimately supports effective material management for the Turnaround Project Work (TAR) which is accountable for ensuring that all TAR related materials are identified, purchased and tracked from requisition through delivery and staged at the facility or job location regardless of which team or group may have originally requested/ordered the materials. In this support role, there is an expectation that some hands-on support activities will occur.
Other skills and experience that will be beneficial in this role include:
ANY OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION: Travel to Houma, Lousiana will be required periodically.
- Identification of materials needs from work order or activity planned descriptions
- Understanding of purchase order quality requirements and mechanisms to comply with engineering specifications
- Materials order tracking and expediting
- Development of reports identifying delivery status information
- Material tagging
- Experience with project deadlines, technical document review, read P&IDs, material take-offs, line specifications, QA/QC procedures/processes and staging
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision required
- Proven history of excellent customer service delivery, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Process documentation as defined by team, to include detailed process maps in Visio, and written process descriptions
- Running successful network meetings and workshops
Udelhoven Corporation - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard