The Materials Manager will lead the Arthur Materials Team. They will continuously drive improvement in the materials planning function to minimize inventory, eliminate part outages, and minimize overall logistics costs to the organization. They will develop a highly effective materials organization, standardize planning processes, improve material flow within the facility, and manage suppliers to improve customer service and reduce lead time.
This position will report to the Director - Semi-Custom Materials Planning.
• Be a change agent with superior people and project management skills
• Lead all internal materials management activities
• Communicate with operations on shortages, anticipated shortages, expediting status, etc
• Provide vision, direction, and focus to direct reports
• Develop direct reports
• Provide guidance to direct reports on ordering model parameters, quotes files, safety stock, etc., to optimize inventory levels
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement processes
• Lead and manage the annual physical inventory process
• Assist the corporate Buying Team to source the lowest total cost solution
• Communicate with Buyers on issues relating to supplier performance; billing, receiving, quality
• Assist the Corporate Logistics Team to source the lowest total cost solution
• Meet new product introduction objectives (timing, quality, system set up)
• Perform administrative activities necessary to manage the department
• Perform various materials related projects and analysis as assigned
• Support the corporate inventory and turns initiatives
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Ability to communicate with all levels of management and suppliers both verbally and in writing
• Mastery of advanced functionality in Microsoft Excel (ability to modify formulas, import and export data, filter data, set up pivot tables)
• Mastery of basic functionality in Microsoft Word
• Experience with integrated materials / production systems (MRP, ERP, Oracle)
• AS400 experience (ability to write and modify queries)
• Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
• Experience in a multi-site manufacturing environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong initiative and drive to resolve problems and implement process improvements
• 5 to 10 years supply chain experience
• 2 to 5 years of management experience
• BS or higher degree in Supply Chain Management; focus on Materials
• APICS certification preferred
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE .... come home to MASTERBRAND.
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It's our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.
Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. - 2 years ago
At Masterbrand Cabinets, Inc. we make more than cabinets; we make dreams come true. Our focus is listening to today's families, then...