Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle family of products including e-readers and tablets.
The Senior Planner is responsible for all activities related to materials management from forecasts to delivery including day to day communication and management of the OEM partner globally, as it relates to order fulfillment. This person has a business orientation and is responsible for working within the local and remote Operations team driving order fulfillment.
- Primary liaison between OEM and team in Cupertino monitoring, managing and driving the OEM to assure goals / schedule is being met.
- Communicate forecast and verify fulfillment from a materials perspective.
- Drive solutions to reduce and eliminate any shortages preventing meeting order schedule, including assisting in sourcing materials as required.
- Schedule and host meetings with suppliers in US and/or globally as required reducing and eliminating shortages.
- Responsible for report generation and distribution.
- May represent the materials organization in internal Lab126 program meetings.
- Some travel may be required.
- 7+ years planning experience in a consumer market Segment Company.
- 2+ years management of an OEM partner
- Experience sourcing electronic components including hard to find / obsolete parts.
- Experience with MS Office, specifically Excel.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Lab126, part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher level education preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers, and team members.
- A keen, flexible and aggressive intellect with superb conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing preferred.
Lab126 - 20 months ago