Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle family of products including e-readers and tablets.
The Reverse Logistics (“RL”) Material Manager is responsible for all activities related to RL materials management from forecasts to delivery, including day to day communication and management of OEM partners globally, as it relates to materials order fulfillment.
- Primary materials liaison between OEMs and team in Cupertino monitoring, managing and driving OEMs to assure goals / RL repair schedule is met.
- Communicate forecasts and verify fulfillment from a materials perspective.
- Drive solutions to reduce and eliminate any shortages preventing meeting order schedule.
- Schedule and host meetings with suppliers in US and/or globally, as required, reducing and eliminating shortages.
- Responsible for RL materials reports and metrics generation.
- Manage purchase price variance claims resulting from engineering changes, component obsolescence or forecast variance.
- Manage global recycling and take-back programs.
- Attend new product introduction meetings to understand the materials requirements for their repairs.
- 6+ years planning experience in a consumer market Segment Company.
Lab126, part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher level education preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers, and team members.
- A keen, flexible and aggressive intellect with superb conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing preferred.
- Experience in procurement practices working with engineering, supply chain and OEM partners.
- Experience sourcing electronic components including hard to find / obsolete parts.
- Experience with MS Office, specifically Excel.
- Ability to travel as needed.