Manage the daily activities to assure production scheduling is created and presented to operations group to meet efficiency of processes.
Manage the daily activity of raw material receiving, handling and warehousing.
Manage the daily activities of the finished goods warehousing and shipment of finished products to our customers.
Develop continuous improvement to areas of responsibility based on performance indicators.
Active member of the Lysander Food Safety Team.
Actively support plant safety team initiative and ensure work environment is safe for employees.
Responsible for the direct development and performance tracking of 10 direct reports.
Ensure that all hourly employees in direct areas of responsibility receive necessary training for safety, job development.
Participate in establishing, monitoring, and achieving plant operational targets and goals.
Manage budgetary aspects of direct areas of responsibility contributing cost control measures and capital project direction for those areas.
Manage aspects of “outside” activity to include management of entire tote inventory, dumping of waste fruit, recycling programs for the disposal of plastic, cardboard, metal, wooden pallets.
Management of tote receiving, inventory, and dispersing to all US affiliates.
Day to day carrier management as it relates to inbound and outbound scheduling.
Parcel (UPS/FedEx) shipment coordination.
Education / Training : Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience in Supply Chain/Business or applicable field
Know-how / Professional Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in warehousing, shipping, materials control, and inventory control.
- Strong communications skills – written and verbal
- Strong Computer skills proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Thorough Knowledge of SAP operating systems
- Woking Knowledge of GMP and HACCP program requirements including the application of principals, concepts, practices and standards
- Previous experience with Continuous Improvement Disciplines with direct involvement in one or more of the following (TQM, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing)
- Excellent problem solving skills focusing on Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action.
- Strong knowledge of US and Canadian Customs a plus
Agrana Beteiligungs-AG - 15 months ago