POSITION SUMMARY :
The Materials Manager assumes a leadership role in managing, controlling and directing the material planning, inventory control, storage, and shipping and receiving functions for the facility. The Materials Manager is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction, effectively managing inventory, and making continuous improvements to the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Provides strategic vision and tactical methods for the continuous improvement of Materials systems and processes.
- Ensures Customer Satisfaction.
- Drives facility to meet or exceed 96% or greater on time external customer delivery.
- Ensures timely shipments to aftermarket distribution facilities
- Monitors and manages customer past due backlog to less than 2% of OEM sales.
- Meets or Exceeds objectives within Sales, Inventory and Operating Plan process.
- Manages excess and obsolete inventories with root cause analysis and countermeasures.
- Drives continuous improvements and preventative measures within the facility cycle count programs.
- Manages inbound replenishment process to ensure proper materials are available for production in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Drives and achieves plant performance goals and objectives including Delivery, Inventory, Productivity and Budget Performance.
- Champions materials team to achieve annual cost savings.
- Provides clear direction and priorities for department members including the establishment of individual goals and training plans through the performance feedback process.
- Establishes daily tools to drive accountability and informed decision-making to the appropriate level.
- Creates boundary less materials organization to support supplier transitions and assure customer satisfaction through product distribution and manufacturing.
- Implements Lean Enterprise techniques to improve material flow and efficiencies.
- Develops people and systems to support new business growth opportunities.
- Works closely with other Leadership team members to support Safety, Quality, Operations, HR and Finance objectives.
- Nourishes a cooperative team-based environment.
- Supports inter-site cooperation to achieve BSFB goals and objectives.
- Strives to continuously improve the business through innovation and problem-solving skills.
- Performs his/her job within acceptable productivity and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, handbooks and applicable work instructions.
- Supports and adheres to the company environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Has the ability to drive change from concept to completion across functional boundaries.
- Has the capability to energize the materials organization to world class performance.
- Has strong leadership skills and ability to develop materials staff.
- Has demonstrated knowledge of Materials and Supply Chain Management, SAP, forecast and budget planning, JIT, and Lean Manufacturing.
- Strong time management skills are required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- At least 10 years of Materials/Operations experience is required.
- At least 5 years of Managerial/Supervisory experience is required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to travel and visit customers on short notice occasionally
- Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering or related field is required.
- M aster Degree in related field highly preferred.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt Certified preferred.
- APICS Certification preferred.
Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems - 13 months ago
If you slow down on the interstate and notice an 18-wheeler in your rearview mirror, you may be more grateful for Bendix Commercial Vehicle...