Under general direction manages all aspects of purchasing, inventory, production planning and scheduling. Design and execute strategies and plans to meet C&D Technologies, Inc., short-term and long-term supply chain management requirements.
Implements a fully functional supply chain management/production control infrastructure.
Analyzes sales forecasts, prepare group production, inventory, and purchasing plans for plant manager; obtains commitment to accepted plans as the goal for manufacturing.
Monitors conformance of sales and production to plan, recommends corrective action to bring results in line with plans, recognizing differences between sales and forecasts provides timely recommendations for change in production, manpower, and inventory plan to control investment levels.
Establishes inventory levels, maintains accuracy of Inventory Management System, bills of material, and production item files.
Maintains good labor and employee relations throughout the operation; responds to Union or employee concerns, as required; participates in grievance processing and labor negotiations.
Communicates plant and Company objectives to all employees.
Administers and evaluates programs of continuous improvement in all areas of performance, track results, generate management reports and handle special projects as assigned.
- 4-year degree required
- Minimum 5-7 years production control/supply chain management experience.
- Experience with purchasing, expediting, MRP/ ERP systems, and MAPICS.
- Experience with quality/continuous improvement initiatives.
- Experience with manufacturing safety practices.
- Experience with MS Office applications.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Experience working with union-represented maintenance and production personnel preferred.
C&D Technologies, Inc. - 8 months ago