Cadence, Inc is ranked among the top life science companies providing outsourced manufacturing solutions for surgical devices and scientific applications. We are looking for a Materials Manager to join the team at our Staunton, VA facility. Some of the benefits to you:
What will you do as a Materials Manager at Cadence?
- Great Place to Work! – In 2011, we were named one of the top ten “Best Companies to Work For” by Medical Device and Diagnostic Industry magazine. From our company culture to our benefits program, Cadence is an awesome place to work.
- Career Growth – At Cadence we consider our employees to be our most valuable asset, and as such we are committed to providing you an environment where you will be appreciated, respected, and challenged.
- Make a Positive Impact – At Cadence “do the right thing” is more than just a corporate motto; it’s our guiding principle and way of life. You can be proud of the fact that what you do every day will help save lives.
The Materials Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of the Materials function to promote efficiency throughout the entire supply chain. Key responsibilities will include:
What are we seeking in the ideal candidate?
- Leading Materials Planning, Master Scheduling, Procurement, Production Control and Logistics processes. Developing a highly effective materials organization. Providing overall direction, supervision, coordination and evaluation of staff.
- Developing streamlined logistics processes to minimize cost and optimize resource utilization.
- Manage the process of accurately controlling the business' inventories, from procurement to manufacturing and through distribution.
- Develop and maintain a supplier base sufficient to support current and future operational needs. Interview and confer with current and prospective suppliers to determine capabilities, and manage suppliers and logistics consistent with the requirements of a Lean/Six Sigma and ISO 13485 manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or a related field
- 5-7 years of materials/purchasing experience required, with at least 2-3 years required in a managerial role
- APICS certification highly preferred
- Project Management experience required
- Intermediate skills in MS Office suite, internet and email required. Report-writing skills (Access, Crystal) and experience with ERP systems (SAP, Visual) preferred
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with executives, shop associates, purchasing professionals, process planners, quality managers, and production managers.
Cadence offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, disability, 401(k), vacation, tuition reimbursement, and an incentive plan. If you would like to apply for this position, visit www.cadenceinc.com/careers .
Cadence is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Cadence, Inc. - 5 months ago