This position is responsible for planning and developing programs and processes to ensure material availability and delivery to support manufacturing at the lowest cost and highest quality. This key, hands on manager directs and coordinates the activities of personnel engaged in materials management including purchasing, receiving, storage, distribution and scheduling raw materials.
• Implement lean materials techniques including visual management, Kanban, JIT, 5S, etc.
• Identify and resolve raw material shortage problems.
• Report key performance indicators to management- PPV, days inventory on hand, inventory turns, vendor on time delivery, inventory dollars, etc.
• Develop and implement programs to optimize inventory turns and improve working capital performance.
• Responsible for budget development and attainment.
• Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all inventory data.
• Assure on-time delivery from vendors.
• Identify and resolve process and system roadblocks in conjunction with manufacturing to improve productivity and throughput.
• Develop and implement programs to both monitor and control purchased part costs with the emphasis on cost downs, inventory reduction and quality improvement.
• Directly supervise purchasing and inventory control employees.
• Conduct performance appraisals and provide ongoing coaching, training and feedback to team members.
• Prepare and issue purchase orders and change notices as demand changes.
• Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university.
• Five to eight years of advanced materials management & purchasing experience working within a manufacturing environment and MRP systems.
• A strong background in continued improvement processes involving kanban and lean manufacturing.
• Supply-base experience with a progressive organization and a proven track record focused on inventory reduction, cost improvement, on time delivery and superior quality.
• A strategic focus and in-depth understanding of the role he/she plays in creating partnerships and cost-containment programs with suppliers.
• Knowledge of accounting and cost systems as well as computerized systems (software and hardware).
• Experience with ISO 9001.
• APICS or NAPM certification preferred
Chart Industries - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard