The Materials Manager is directly responsible for the material control floor daily operations and support in a manufacturing environment. The Materials Manager will implement World Class Manufacturing (WCM) principles, and manage people in a dynamic environment. The Materials Manager will use people skills to coach and develop people in a team based environment in order to exceed departmental, plant, and corporate goals.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 7 -10 years combined experience in both production control and material control in positions such as Material Area Supervisor, Follow-up Supervisor, or Unit Leader
- Thorough knowledge of production control procedures and systems, engineering change, inventory control, specifications, material flow
- Supervisory experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging, Supply Chain Management / Logistics, Industrial Engineering preferred
- Advanced degree a plus
- Lean manufacturing, value stream mapping and kaizen knowledge
- Supervisory experience in the automotive industry
Chrysler hopes its crisis remains in its rearview mirror. After engineering an automotive resurrection by choosing a back-to-basics...