See Experience/Education Requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.Eight (8) years of experience in material operations.
- Minimum of five (5) years supervisory/management experience.
Manages the inventory management and/or production control operations of all related material functions. The Materials Manager is responsible for coordinating any efforts as assigned by the department senior manager, director and/or general manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Manages the companys efforts to support the internal and external customers through the use of the various assets in the material team to include, but not limited to, inventory control, shipping, receiving, purchasing, planning, quality, and off-site functions.
2) Keeps abreast of industry regulations as they pertain to parts handling, export licensing and control customs, and anti-boycott procedures. Ensures various types of materials are adequately stored and controlled as they are frequently audited for governmental compliance by Department of State, ITAR and FAA regulators.
3) Controls internal and external costs for all material shipped to and from the company. Responsible for the planning of inventory and purchased part needs and timely disbursement to the aircraft.
4) Manages subordinate personnel and provides guidance and training to ensure skill sets, knowledge and educational capabilities meet position requirements.
5) Gives direction and guidance to the operation and scheduling in the priority order of the receiving and shipping processes for both company and customer assets.
6) Daily contact with departments management for project planning, information gathering, and problem solving.
7) Ensures departmental compliance in the implementation of all quality improvement processes.
8) Tracks, analyzes and reports productions actual schedule position to the master schedule. Coordinates activities to ensure all materials are available for production in support of the master schedule.
9) Utilizes Lean principles as a standard tool for constant evaluation for improvements in processing and work flows.
1) Where applicable at sites: manages and publishes daily activity meetings with departments; works with Sr. Mgr. and Director to establish tactical projects that align with their vision of the department; controls the scrap/salvage program; monitors and ensures that the material/inventory control cycle count process is maintained within corporate guidelines; monitors and maintains the petty cash account.
2) Performs other duties as assigned.
1) Knowledge of governmental regulations and interpretations preferred. Ensures compliance with all corporate, federal, and international regulations, including but not limited to, FAA/EASA Regulations, Import/Export Compliance, Quality Control, Hazmat, Traffic/Material Handling Standards, and departmental procedures.
2) Knowledge of MRP/ERP planning systems (varies with site).
3) Knowledge of Basic Supply Chain Management; to include master planning of resources, detailed scheduling and planning and execution and control of operations.
4) Knowledge of international conversions of weight, measures, and monetary exchanges.
5) Certified DOT HAZMAT awareness 181 preferred.
6) Practitioner of Lean tools preferred.
Gulfstream Aerospace - 9 months ago
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE:GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets,...