- Leggett & Platt, Incorporated is seeking a Materials Manager for their Machine Products group in Carthage, Missouri. The primary purpose of this role is to manage the planning and inventory functions of the branch to ensure continuous supply of materials and service to the business.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Management : oversee shipping, receiving, inventory control, purchasing, tool crib, saw department, and routing departments as well as job closing and master scheduler
- Inventory : Record accuracy, approve inventory adjustments, maintain safety stock levels, and monitor slow-moving and obsolete inventory. Also responsible for organizing and overseeing finished goods and raw material inventories three times per year.
- Planning : Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity related to the product, process and /or the system. Identify, record and communicate any problems when they do occur, and control further processing, delivery or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has be corrected.
- Additional recurring : schedule I.T. demand plan with quarterly with I.T. business unit director, review monthly financial records, manage conflict minerals
A Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred. Previous management experience is a must, preferably a “hands-on” manager who will promote a teamwork environment and exhibit excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills. This key salaried manager must have a cooperative attitude and collaborate frequently with others (specifically, customer service, Accounting, Corporate auditors, and other managers). We need a detail-oriented, patient, and positive individual with excellent communication and listening skills who is capable and willing to support and enforce Company policies. Additionally, ideal candidates will have previous experience in materials, inventory, purchasing, and warehouse and receiving management, as well as a working knowledge of S&OP, and a basic understanding/commitment to continuous improvement efforts.
We’re not just hiring, we’re building a better company. Since 1883, Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) has been creating a wide variety of innovative products that can be found in most homes, offices, and automobiles. Today our growing company is comprised of 130 manufacturing facilities which employ more than 18,000 employee-partners throughout 23 countries. We are always looking for talented professionals to succeed and grow with us. We value innovative and passionate people with a track record of success. For more information, please visit www.leggett.com .
We offer a comprehensive benefits package. While benefits may vary by location, we typically include: medical, dental, vision, discount stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts and more.
Leggett & Platt is proud to be an Equal Access/Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer