- Ensures that all aspects of this position are carried out with a focus that considers established employee and food safety policies and procedures.
- Materials Management
- Provides leadership and ownership with respect to the management and execution of the company’s MRP system (For Assigned Commodities).
- Coordinates materials with Corporate Procurement and vendors/suppliers.
- Works with Corporate Procurement to select vendors and define delivery and performance terms.
- Leads efforts in developing and implementing material replenishment systems (KanBan, Visual, VMI) where applicable.
- Manages material shelf life and excess and obsolete (E/O) inventory to minimize loss.
- Leads weekly review of Expiring Lots to include problem identification, root cause analysis and the definition and execution of appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Leads periodic reviews of all E/O Inventory to include problem identification, root cause analysis and the definition and execution of appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Works with Corporate Procurement, Finance and Plant Leadership in all aspects of Inventory Management including:
- Drives continuous improvement in Days on Hand for all assigned raw material ingredients and packaging.
- Balances finished goods inventory levels with established targets and within defined customer parameters and commitments.
- Works with Corporate Procurement in all aspects of Vendor Management .
- Supply Chain Leadership
- Works directly with Materials Planners and Plant Managers at each of the company’s manufacturing facilities to coordinate facility materials plans and assist in the management of the activities listed above for those commodities/ingredients assigned to the facility.
- Represents the Supply Chain Team in assigned cross-functional meeting, activities and teams.
- Participates as a member of the Sales and Operations Planning Team .
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand, materials management and replenishment processes.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts that arise from balancing multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated leader capable of driving change.
Little Lady Foods is the premier place to work and one of the world's leading frozen items manufacturers! We have played an invaluable role in creating some of the biggest and most respected private-label frozen food brands. We pride ourselves in understanding the needs of our customers and employees. In addition to our commitment to employee development, we offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package (including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life/AD&D, FSA, and 401k).
- Requires a BS degree in operations management, business, supply chain management or related field along with 5-7 years’ experience including general supply chain management, material planning and control, and inventory management. APICS Certification preferred.
- Must have experience with Infort (MAPIC), Pointman ERP or other related system.
- Demonstrated expertise with MS Office, including Excel is essential.
- Experience in a Lean/Six Sigma environment preferred.
Little Lady Foods - 6 months ago
This Little Lady serves up man-sized portions of frozen food. Little Lady Foods is a leading supplier of frozen food products for the...