Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, this position is responsible for management of the warehouse, and logistics personnel and operations. This position is responsible for the development of supply strategies to improve material flow from receiving of incoming material through to completion in the production process and shipping of finished goods. Responsibilities include the implementation of various functions necessary to achieve warehouse and logistics operational objectives; implementation of strategic plans; and the overall management of department metrics.
- Lead, motivate and direct the operations of the receiving, warehousing, and shipping teams; while primarily focusing on safety, quality, and productivity.
- Determine the staffing requirements to meet the company business plan.
- Support and initiate continuous improvement projects within the Magnum continuous improvement process.
- Manage the creation/distribution of appropriate routing instructions for current and future suppliers.
- Identify conveyance utilization inefficiencies and opportunities for consideration of freight and general cost reductions with improved material flow; once identified, responsible for identifying solutions and implementation.
- Measure routing/contract compliance of logistics service providers and the conformance to same by manufacturing plant and suppliers.
- Conduct, evaluate, and implement studies geared towards improving efficiencies, while reducing operating costs.
- Collect department data, update performance measures and implement metrics for purposes of improving efficiencies.
- Maintain/improve the integrity of the WIN MAGI inventory locator system through the use of inventory accuracy measurements.
- Evaluate and determine equipment needs to support the material handling and service parts functions.
- Determine small parcel and LTL needs and negotiate with freight carriers to achieve cost reduction initiatives/strategies.
- Manage cycle count program.
- Ensure the optimal utilization of space through warehouse consolidation.
- Ensure proper FIFO rotation of inventory.
- Apply sound communication and motivational techniques in supervising, counseling and disciplining subordinates.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Sound knowledge of logistics.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Lean Supply Chain concepts.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and/or distribution processes.
- Must have the ability to communicate to all levels of an organization, both written and verbally.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment in a safe and reliable manner
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds safely, stand for long periods of time, reach, push and pull occasionally.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to perform under strict deadlines and in a fast paced environment
- Must possess sound computer skills
- Excellent planning, interpersonal, communication, coaching and facilitation skills
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Financial and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a Supply Chain Management or Operations Management emphasis.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of supervisory or management experience, preferable in a warehouse and/or logistics setting.
- Professional Certifications related to Lean Supply Chain preferred.
Magnum Products LLC - 11 months ago
Magnum delivers through customer service. If a customer has a specific need that accompanies any item in its product line, Magnum's...