Manages the appropriate treatment and pricing of all inbound and outbound waste materials received and/ or shipped from waste operating facilities to ensure achievement of financial, compliance, and service goals in accordance with appropriate regulations and PSC policies, practices and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversees operation and regulatory review of inbound and outbound waste profiles to ensure standardization across the division.
• Determines appropriate treatment requirements and pricing. Provides technical support to other departments on profiling and regulatory issues. Recertifies all waste approvals.
• Develops and maintains accurate disposal cost information. Maintain comprehensive and accurate waste pricing and disposal.
• Ensures that pricing accurately reflects required treatment and disposal cost with agreed margin.
• Works to minimize disposal expense by proper management of wastes, identification of alternative methods of disposal and cost control of final disposal options.
• Maintains efficient flow and approval of customer profiles within agreed time frames.
• May supervise lab personnel. Reviews lab analytical results.
• Maintains waste generator files.
• Provides technical support to sales and outside customers on waste pricing and disposal issues.
• Creates and maintains a site specific process code specification operations book.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university; with preferred emphasis on Chemistry
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
• Prefer 2-3 years of related job experience
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong communication and leadership skills, including conflict resolution skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience with local, state and federal agencies and regulations
• Firm working knowledge of EPA, DOT, and State regulations
• Firm working knowledge of operating permits and WAP
• Firm working knowledge of available treatment technologies
• Chemistry Background
• Strong computer skills with emphasis in Microsoft Excel and Word
WORKING CONDITIONS: • Treatment Plant (100152)
PSC - 17 months ago
If you've messed with Mother Nature, you should call PSC (which takes it name from its former title -- Philip Services Corporation, and...