Precision Castparts Corp. (“PCC”) is a worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. PCC is also the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. In addition, PCC manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials to the casting, forging, and other industries, including high-performance nickel- and cobalt-based alloys and titanium products in a full range of melted and mill forms. PCC is a publicly-traded corporation listed on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol “PCP”) and a member of the Fortune 500 and S&P 500. PCC had fiscal year 2013 targeted sales of approximately $10 billion and currently has approximately 28,500 employees worldwide in more than 190 manufacturing facilities in 15 countries and 30 U.S. states.
PRIMARY FUNCTION :
Prepare and produce manufacturing plans on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis for all workgroups at the Newton facility and comparative data on Actual vs. Forecast (Forecast accuracy) as well as Actual production vs. Schedule (Schedule attainment); identify opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions based on Lean manufacturing principles. Provide load balancing requirements for work peaks and valleys. Make adjustments and recommendations to optimize scheduling to maximize service and quality. Overall responsibility for sourcing, procurement, negotiation and on-time delivery of all materials required to support customer orders.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES :
- · Manage production planning to meet business requirements based on both customer sales orders and forecast.
- · Manage shipping & receiving functions.
- · Manage cycle count program
- · Analyze and develop recommendations for forecasting and scheduling. By using scheduling software, create daily/weekly manufacturing requirements for each operation.
- · Update and maintain operations demand patterns which accurately validate forecasting methods (Forecast accuracy tools).
- · Procure manufacturing inventory based upon forecast & hard order demand to ensure minimization of inventory and maximization of customer service.
- · Manage inventory (location, movement and disposition) with assistance from Manufacturing and Commercial personnel.
- · Drive replenishment strategies for Raw, WIP, & FG inventory based on Lean Manufacturing principles
- · Create integrated database tracking tools for measuring forecast accuracy and schedule attainment.
- · Responsible for developing long term goals and strategic objectives within the department.
- · Research/analyze market data to support sourcing and/or procurement activities.
- · Negotiate pricing and actively works on cost reduction activities for all products ordered.
- · Manage vendor relationships to develop long term agreements at the lowest total cost as required to support our customer expectations (both internal and external).
- · Interface with department managers, production, shipping/receiving department, sales, etc. to determine the status of purchased orders and communicate any issues or concerns.
- · Comply with corporate guidelines and legal requirements on business ethics
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Schedule attainment
- On-time customer delivery
- · Cycle Count (1 st pass & reconciled yield)
- Purchase Price Variance
- Inventory Turns
- · Bachelor Degree in Business Operations, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent education and experience.
- · CPIM or equivalent certification
- · APICS certification preferred. Willingness to obtain certification if not certified.
- · Lean manufacturing training & experience is preferred.
- · Five or more years successful related forecasting, planning, scheduling and supply chain experience, with strong operations background, preferably in a high demand production environment.
- · Experience should include building and maintaining complex forecasting models.
- · Experience leading managers and staff professionals in workforce planning sessions nationally and ability to develop relationships with internal customers and become their single point of contact.
- · Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access.
- · Requires Project management skills, a logical approach to problem solving, analytical skills and a big-picture understanding with short term tactical focus.
- · Strong background in supply chain management and/or logistics.
- · Strong knowledge of plant operations, MRP and demand planning.
- · Ability to effectively communicate with cross-functional peers as well as upper level management.
- · The ability to make independent judgments and utilize problem solving skills.
- · Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- · Exhibited negotiation, communication, problem-solving and decision making skills in a production environment.
- · Computer proficiency and organizational skills
- · Previous experience directing and leading the work of others.
Precision Castparts Corp. is a worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power,...