This position is responsible for the effective and profitable operation and growth of the company with respect to overall responsibilities for purchasing and inventory control to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction while maintaining an effective operation. Coordinating activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw material, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, etc, for the Company by performing the duties below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews requisitions, confers with vendors/suppliers to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Selects products for purchase by observing or estimating values according to knowledge of market trends.
- Visit and work with suppliers to ensure they have sufficient inventory coverage to meet our delivery needs without exposing the company to unnecessary financial risk.
- Understand product life stage to ensure our inventory grading goals are met. Understand the stocking needs for critical service items to ensure customer service levels are maintained
- Responsible for maintaining optimum inventory levels of raw materials to meet production needs.
- Plan, lead, organize and control the business operations in order to meet goals while maximizing efforts to the profitability of the business unit.
- Determines method of procurement and reviews bid proposals and negotiations contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality, or performance and inventories.
- Prepare and input purchase orders into system.
- Maintains purchasing files.
- Seek new partners for parts sourcing after evaluating the capabilities of new suppliers. Ensure new suppliers meet cost and delivery expectations.
- The effectiveness of this position is measured by inventory the performance of raw materials management, i.e. turnover rates and inventory levels; freight costs, etc.
- Negotiate rates daily with carriers on our domestic/international shipments.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor degree (B.S.) preferred; five years purchasing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in manufacturing environment. Strong negotiation skills. Basic working knowledge of computer systems, strong verbal and written communication abilities, a thorough understanding of inventory control, scheduling and project management. Attention to detail is a must. Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
We are a multinational manufacturer of steel and plastic strapping, stretch film and the application equipment and accessory products for...