Responsible for all functions relative to the review, procurement and planning of production materials.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Review material requirements planning report for purpose of ordering components and raw materials.
- Continually evaluate item usage to recommend the most advantageous order quantity
- Ensure accurate item set up in MRP system including but not limited to; lead time, current vendor, part cost, safety stock
- Complete knowledge of warehouse and inventory control policies and procedures.
- Plan and maintain the optimal inventory to ensure no stock outs while maximizing inventory turns
- Coordinate and manage the shipment of materials into the company, including the optimization of the use of external shipping contracts
- Drive material lead time reduction and minimize on hand inventory
- Ensure supplier quality and on time delivery
- Daily correspondence with production scheduler and assembly teams on status of materials.
- Daily and weekly communication with CPP Materials Team on issues
- Non-conformance and defect tag review and processing.
- Performs work with a constant awareness of improving processes, reducing cost as necessary for positive growth. Uses extensive knowledge and skill to take calculated risks and does so confidently and successfully.
- Leads others in a team problem solving process. Prompts others to contribute knowledge and information to assist the team. Keeps the team focused and on track and resolves any interpersonal issues arising that may jeopardize team success.
- Other duties, as directed or assigned.
Skills and Abilities :
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing.
- Experience with production systems, procurement, engineering processes, expediting, MRP/ERP systems, quality/continuous improvement initiatives, manufacturing safety practices and MS Office applications.
- Experience in Six Sigma/Lean initiatives preferred.
- Proficient experience with MS Office tools such as Word, Excel and Access.
- Organizational skills for efficient office control are mandatory
- Solid analytical skills.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, requiring minimal direct supervision
- Strong organizational and detail oriented skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
- Proven strategic thinking and planning skills
- Strong negotiating and solid decision making skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Communicates clearly and effectively to others the steps in a process and the importance of following that process. Clearly understands the rationale for why processes must follow certain steps. Can identify multiple projects and prioritize them in order to meet required deadlines. Can take exiting project information and align others effectively within the department to achieve desired results.
- Creative problem solver who is results oriented, proactive, organized, and calm under pressure
- Has the ability to complete tasks ahead of schedule while assisting others on techniques to improve their performance. Always willing to go the extra mile to complete projects on schedule. Does not give up on tasks until completed in a quality manner
- Persistent, tenacious, and assertive, without being abrasive or aggressive
- Ability to determine the appropriate level of urgency to address critical issues
Cummins Bridgeway - 8 months ago
Nordson Sealant Equipment
- 1 day ago
Huff Consulting, LLC.
Farmington Hills, MI
Huff Consulting, LLC.
- 6 days ago
Go Job Search
- 15 hours ago