Magna Seating, a wholly-owned operating unit of Magna International, is an innovative leader in the development and manufacture of high quality complete seat solutions and seat mechanisms for the global automotive industry. Shelby Foam Systems is in Shelby Township, Michigan, USA, and manufactures polyurethane foam for the seating industry.
Ensures that organizational objectives are successfully achieved, primarily related to inventory control of raw material and finished goods. Protects the interests of the employees and the Division in accordance with the Corporate Constitution, Company policies, and Magna Employee’s Charter Principles.
- Adheres to Magna’s Group Management Guidelines to achieve the principles of Magna’s Employee Charter.
- If there is a reason to believe that any equipment or physical condition of the workplace is likely to endanger the employee or co-worker, or is in contravention of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and Michigan’s Occupational Safety and Health Act (MIOSHA), notify management immediately.
- Adheres to company systems and policies (TS 16949, 5S, ISO 14001, employee handbook).
- Participates in the investigation of accidents including: determination of underlying occurrence, identifying the need for corrective and/or preventive action, recommending solutions for improvement, and recording results.
- Participates in workplace inspections to validate compliance to company systems & policies.
- Assists with the development of TS 16949 policies, procedures, and work instructions; enforces implementation.
- Maintain MAFACT KPI Produced vs. Shipped, premium freight, KPI and update as required
- Plan & schedule mold changes
- Working knowledge of mold line up
- Update mold line up daily and coordinate mold line up schedule for weekend production
- Receive releases from customers daily
- Schedule components weekly
- Maintain & track incoming component orders daily
- Order all raw materials required for the Bill of Materials
- Scheduling of all required chemicals
- Ensure supplier schedules are developed accurately and distributed in a timely fashion
- Monitors the inbound supply of materials to ensure an adequate supply at all times
- Drive MAFACT initiatives; manage MAFACT open issues list
- Understand and responsible to drive initiatives related to all 8 pillars of MAFACT
Knowledge and Education
High school graduate or equivalent required. Bachelor degree in related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of inventory control practices.
- Six sigma certification a plus
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- Working knowledge of inventory control practices
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and database application skills
- Demonstrated successful performance with independent and team problem solving, presentations, leadership, coordinating and completing multiple tasks across departments to meet changing deadlines
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and technical presentations. Ability to manage customer communications
- Proven ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, develop solutions and lead their implementation
Magna - 7 months ago
Through its various subsidiaries and divisions, Magna International makes just about everything needed to put together a motor vehicle....