Reports to the Production Manager and executes Material Requirement Plan to ensure material supply equals demand to support production and the optimization of the overall cost of materials.
Primary Functions :
· Develop Material plan to support sale/customer contract requirement.
· Daily review of the material plan for unplanned work order and commit weekly shipment plan.-
· Activate reorder points where judgment determines and anticipated shortfall.
· Manage material inventory using Quantum to support sale shipment plan.
· Apply theory of constraints, elevate and remove barriers.
· Manage inventory levels to improve inventory turns.
· Review and control slow moving parts in stock.
· Evaluate vendor / supplier capability and provide proper information/documentation to QA and Accounting to maintain vendor list in the system.
· Coordinate efforts of purchasing, operations, stock room, inspection, shipping, receiving, engineering, etc.
· Support all efforts to improve customer satisfaction (OTD, Quality, Low cost).
· Analysis support.
· Provide consistent two-way flow of information.
· Maintain integrity of information.
· Provide support that will assist in achieving established operational performance measurements.
· Promote a culture of continuous improvement.
· Take and encourage appropriate risks.
· Work with fellow employees and suppliers to meet schedule commitments.
Customer Focus (internal/external)
· B uild strong customer and supplier relationships.
· Achieve highest levels of customer satisfaction.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's degree (BA/BS)
· Experience working with Quantum
· Minimum of 5 years experience
· Strong Microsoft Office Skills in WORD, EXCEL, and PowerPoint.
· Strong organizational and communication skills.
· Strong communication and analytical skills. Attention to detail and ability to work well with teams.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks independently along with solid problem solving skills.
OFFICE/EXEMPT PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
· This is primarily a sedentary position, however while performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to bend, squat, sit, stand, walk, and handle objects. The employee is occasionally required to push/pull, stack, reach above shoulder level or carry light-weight materials/files/documents.
We offer competitive compensation with bonus opportunities!
Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and company matched 401k plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/h/v