Carrier Corporation is the world¿s largest manufacturer of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment. We currently have an opportunity at our Charlotte, NC facility as a Production Planner. This position provides manufacturing with the components needed to meet production requirements with minimal disruption to the production schedule. The individual will have financial responsibilities including maintenance of a budgeting system for production and preparation of inventory cost forecasts and reports.
Responsibilities under minimal supervision include:
- Scheduling of department suppliers to meet production requirement with little to no impact to production schedule.
- Monitors quality, service, and delivery issues, and take corrective actions as needed.
- Identify and resolve supplier and internal errors that result in budget or schedule discrepancies.
- Maximizes inventory turns, and perform cycle counts.
- Assist the manufacturing department to actively manage the production schedule.
- Stay informed of current projects, manufacturing workload, and manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated ability in understanding engineering drawings, bills of materials and MRP systems such as SAP or Chess.
- Perform other duties as assigned to insure the success of projects, individuals, and the company.
- Hands-on experience with Lean Mfg. and the use of Kanban systems. Coordinate and participate in special projects as required.
A four year degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Operations Management, or a technical field.
5 years of experience in planning in a manufacturing environment.
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, honest, and thorough. A versatile, self-starter with a positive attitude, who is cautiously assertive.
- Ability to modulate with a dynamic workload: From heavy multi-tasking during peak workloads - to very focused, detail-oriented work during critical projects
- Strong project management, organizational, and communication skills are required.
- Team attitude; eager to cooperate with others with exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to change direction and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis.
- Ability to positively motivate individuals and teams to meet or exceed project expectations.
- Exceptionally high level of commitment to the success of individuals and overall projects.
- Work ethics that complement Carrier¿s long standing culture of high integrity throughout all areas of internal and external business activity.
- Willing to put in extra effort and hours as needed.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Competent with computer software such as, Microsoft office (Word,
Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project).
- Must be capable of going to the production floor to interact with manufacturing and check on parts.
- APICS certification is a plus.
UTC Building & Industrial Systems as a United Technologies Company is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact the Human Resources professional by emailing email@example.com or by calling 704-921-6288.
We will work to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages sent for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies - 6 months ago
Rapid Resource Recruiters
Rapid Resource Recruiters
- 1 day ago
Buyer / Planner
- 20 days ago
Planner 2, Materials
- 1 day ago