SUMMARY: The Materials Process Engineer is responsible for optimization of the plastic welding process, ensuring conformity to product quality standards. This role provides an effective interface for the tooling and quality needs of the Plant and provides cross functional support and technical information to functions such as purchasing and design engineering.
- Supports the Value Stream by recommending and implementing methods for eliminating waste such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment, tool/fixture/cell improvements and purchasing of equipment.
- Effectively develops and improves existing equipment specifications, performance requirements, cost analysis, and proposals for integrating machinery, equipment, and tooling into the manufacturing process.
- Responsible optimizing the welding process through equipment optimization and performance.
- Develop and maintain standard work, work instructions and quality check points.
- Oversee facility and equipment improvements and upgrades.
- Facilitate and lead Kaizen events.
- Studies and records time, motion, methods, and speed involved in performance of maintenance, production, and other worker operations to establish standard production rate and to improve efficiency and identify waste.
- Oversees installation to ensure machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications; tests ability of machines to perform tasks.
- Plant and Manufacturing Management Leadership
- Design, Product Engineering & Development, Quality Engineering & Management
- BS in Materials Engineering, BSWE, or BSME degree from four-year college or university.
- Experience in optimization of the welding process; plastic material welding experience is a plus.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Associated Materials - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard
Associated Materials is a leading manufacturer of professionally installed exterior building products. It is able to meet the wide variety...