Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
This position will be responsible for managing materials that have critical impact on the organization. Responsibilities will encompass materials planning (Clear to build), inventory control, E & O analysis and projections, New Product Material readiness, logistics readiness from suppliers to OEMs.
Develop the strategic direction, goals, objectives and key measurement systems to ensure the business goals are met.
- Manage the CTB process with the OEMs; ensure that the process is working smoothly and that we have clear visibility on materials over a 26-week horizon. Work with the OEMs and the GSMs (Global Supply Managers) on all identified material issues (including sub-tier supply chain) until issues get closed/resolved.
E & O
- Ensure the smooth flow of materials necessary to meet production schedules, inventory control requirements, and on-going production line support. Ensure that we clearly understand the logistics requirements by commodity to enable an uninterrupted flow of materials.
New Product Materials Readiness
- Coordinate phase-out of obsolete parts and the transition to new production materials.
- Identify E & O in advance to ensure we make the correct company decisions regarding build plan changes, cut-in vs. roll-in requirements, post ramp qualification opportunities, etc.
- Highlight parts with liability and propose solutions to management.
- Upon ECN or EOL events, track & audit OEM E&O claims, report to Finance for financial reserves, and ensure timely resolution and closure of such claims/reserves.
- During NPI (new product introduction) phase, lead material readiness meetings with the GSMs to ensure that we understand the supply base and related challenges (i.e. supplier location and logistics, sole sourced modules, component lead-time, supplier share of business, order lead time and order cancellation window).
- Identify issues early in the NPI phase and monitor/drive these to resolution prior to ramp.
- Identify supply chain on modules and components to ensure that we understand any new challenges associated with the new product.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures and material control systems. Review materials metrics for consistency and provide consolidated information to management.
- Play a key role in the allocation of components that are in short supply.
- Work with the Supply-Demand Management (SDM) team and GSMs to ensure we allocate parts to maximize revenue. Communicate the allocation plans to the relevant parties.
- Create and maintain relevant reports and exec summaries on a regular (weekly/daily) basis, required by management to support the business.
- BS/BA, 3 to 5 years materials experience with Production / Planning /MRP
- MBA a plus
- Must be analytical and detail oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to preset to management a must
- “Strong User” of Excel and an understanding of Excel Modeling techniques a must
- Technical expertise and prior OEM management experience a plus
- Chinese language skills a plus
Apple - 14 months ago
Apple Inc.designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers, portable digital music players, and mobile communication devices and sells...