Within a research and development environment, the Scientist II will apply basic knowledge of a technical area and general scientific knowledge to develop and commercialize innovative products within the industry of thermal management.
- Applies scientific methods and principles to assigned projects and technical challenges.
- Independently conducts basic analytical studies using sophisticated laboratory instruments following clearly defined procedures and processes for review by senior-level scientists.
- Applies basic knowledge of commonly used scientific analysis techniques and practices and working knowledge of product lines within thermal management to develop solutions to product and technology challenges.
- Builds productive internal relationships with manufacturing, engineering, marketing, and technology groups enabling a proactive response to market changes and/or customer demands.
- Actively participates on multi-disciplinary and global product development teams.
- Effectively presents results of studies/experiments conducted and responds to questions from group/team.
- Prepares accurate and concise reports related to the studies conducted and assists with the preparation of comprehensive reports for new product formulations and procedures.
- Researches and investigates new materials and processes which may have application within the field of thermal management
- Prepares sample materials and optimizes formulations of new materials for thermal management in accordance with project goals through laboratory mixing studies.
- Assists with the commercialization of new products and processes in accordance with clearly defined “Time to Market” procedures on aggressive timelines.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory environment.
- Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE, EXCEL and relational database.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a Team environment
- Limited knowledge of new product development processes and work flow
- Basic knowledge of a particular technical area
- Formulation work with highly filled polymer systems is preferred
- Experience with processing equipment such as mixers and extruders is preferred
- Experience in the field of thermal management is advantageous
- Bachelor's Degree in Scientific field (Master's Degree Preferred) emphasizing Chemistry or Materials Science
- 2-5 years of experience in a technical field.
Laird Technologies recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Should you require such an accommodation, please indicate the job function and suggested accommodation. Laird will attempt to make reasonable accommodation.
Laird Technologies, Inc. - 11 months ago