OUR FOCUS IS ON QUALITY
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
The Material Specialist provides leadership in the day to day operation of the Lighter Manufacturing supply chain logistics process while partnering with Lighter Marketing, Supply Planners, Demand Planners, Manufacturing Planners, Distribution Planners, Co Packers, OEM’s, and other BIC facilities in the development of a Master Production Schedule. This position reports to the Materials Manager.
Main Responsibilities / Tasks
· Supervision of Shipping, Receiving and Direct Material Inventory Stores.
· Generate the MRP in Manugistics for packaging materials and communicate requirements to vendors via purchase orders.
· Generate a monthly capacity analysis and communicate results to manufacturing and planning management. Manage the short and long term capacity issues and have an active role in planning solutions to production constraints.
· Maintain procurement planning parameters in Manugistics, i.e. Maintain Supplier data base, min/max levels, manufacturing coverage duration, etc.
· Monitor and maintain schedule attainment with manufacturing supervision, OEM’s and BIC facilities.
· Communicate supply issues as well as quantity and date of re-supply on daily basis. Manage and resolve overdue orders due to component availability.
· Participate and represent procurement planning in “custom “and “everyday” product meetings.
· Proactively communicate supply issues through the Supply Chain.
· Work closely with Supply Planners to understand trends, variances and changes to demand in the creation of the MRP forecast.
· Participate in the ongoing effort of overall inventory investment management.
· Share in the accountability of customer service level consistency.
· A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
· In depth knowledge of Manugistics.
· Excellent statistical and analytical skills.
· Effective communication skills to deal with all levels of user management.
· JD Edwards experience
4-6 years’ experience in production inventory control, manufacturing and capacity analysis in a high volume consumer products company.
BIC offers competitive salary, health insurance and 401(k). Successful candidates require passing drug test and undergoing security check.
For consideration apply online referencing job code 13-01
BIC does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color , religion, creed, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, disability or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local laws. AA/EOE
No Relocation Offered for this Position.
BIC Corporation - 2 years ago
You can flick a BIC, write with a BIC, shave with a BIC, and even sail and dial a BIC. Société BIC, the French consumer products company,...