As a Materials Specialist-II at Caterpillar, you will perform a variety of functions to check, receive, verify accuracy of our prime product. You will check, store, disburse or fill orders for parts, materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
Job duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and report daily receiving and shipping activities
- Safely perform the material handling and warehousing functions required in the receiving, processing, storing, moving, packing, and shipping of parts, materials equipment and supplies.
- Performs related and/or specialized clerical duties and resolves discrepancies as required. Maintains related clerical records and operates computer terminal and/or hand held scanner to access and update information for receiving, counting and order processing. Performs housekeeping functions as required.
- Uses mobile equipment as required to facilitate job functions.
- Reports defects and need for repairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
- Minimum 1.5 years experience at the York Distribution Center
- Ability to read/write and interpret documents, the ability to perform a variety of clerical functions and do basic math.
- Computer skills
- Receiving of parts experience
- Ability to obtain forklift certification
- Ability to work OT
No relocation benefits.
At Caterpillar, we share a single set of values that unite our company - integrity, excellence, teamwork and commitment.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dec 8, 2012, 12:00:00 AM
United States-Pennsylvania-York-YORK02-York, PA Parts Dist Whse-US
Caterpillar - 22 months ago
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...